C5's Bent... ---___---

okasu

Reaction score
Hey all, I haven't been here in ages but I recently got my car fixed and back on the road. A crazy *** storm has been pounding NY lately and my Racing Hart C5 rim was raped by a huge monster pothole that I completely missed. I was wondering if the lip would get damaged even more if it were bent back out a little...? It's a polished lip, not chrome. Any suggestions would help. In the mean time, I'm searching for a replacement but still no luck.. :coffee:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
some people say that even if you fix the bend, it will be weaker than before in that one spot, and thus more susceptible to being bent again.

but i have no experience there so dont take my word for it.

nexTOme

Reaction score
id say take it to rim repair shop for pulling it back....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
no. it has, and would work.

not exactly beat the hell out of it, but just give it some good hits, itll work. idk how hard C5's are, but if it was soft enough to bend, itll prolly bend back. yea itll be a weak spot, but theres not much you can do now since its already bent. if it doesnt work, then take it to a shop.

chau_alain

Reaction score
friend had some 3 piece rims that needed to be repaired but no one would do it, they all said it was done. but one mexican place just hammered it back and hes been using it since :O

okasu

Reaction score
Haha, sweet. I'm going to a shop in LI that deals w/ repairing rims. Hopefully I can get this fixed.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
good luck dude.

i havent seen you here in a minute, haha, im surprised you still have it.....im on my second one, haha

okasu

Reaction score
Haha damn Andy, I thought you got yourself a golf? Yeah my wheel bent on day 3 of having my car fixed... how lameeee. :(

Back