CA smog with turbo!!!

pellegrini

Reaction score
Yes i know how stupid this is an how many people r gonna give me **** but im reeally desperate. Jut traded my 6thgen and Got a b16a3 del sol turbo no cat. I really need an illegal smog shop, i live in the bay area but im willing to drive anywere even if its 3 hours away. Please someone pm me a place if u know anyone, i got the cash to pay, and if i ever get asked a about the illegal turbo i will always say i put it on after the smog test cas im not trying to get any shop shutdown. Please someone help im sugfering cas i cant drive my baby, if u recommend some place i can give u some cash tooo.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Wrong place to be asking about this. No one is gonna put their smig shop at risk for someone they don't know. Plus now since it has to be star certified now, it is a lot harder.

Ask a few of your friends for connection because most of the people here won't give out these info to someone they don't know.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
It's getting really hard to get around the smog BS these days. Your best bet is to pull the kit get a virgin ecu and a cat for it. Pass smog on the level and then reinstall. I know it's lame and alot of work but it's your best option. Keep all your smog legal components if you plan to keep this car. You can call 1320 in elk grove CA and see if they are still selling knock off greddy turbo stickers, I know a couple guys that passed with them but that was awhile back.I will refrain from giving my opinion on this trade and wish you good luck sir.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
With new smog regulations, you won't really be able to. The guy I've been going to for the past few years wont even do it for me anymore..

slowaccord

Reaction score
there are ways to game the system. usually it will cost u $200-300 and u have to have a hookup. Not that easy these days like people have already mentioned.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
even in GA its getting hard, and most of my shop won't even do it anymore...

not that my 8thgen needs any yet... but sooner later, i will need too... :inouteek:

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Recent legislation that passed in Cali has made it VERY difficult to cheat smog. It's always been a pain in the *** but it's gotten even worse.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
As everyone has said, it's getting way harder to find a shop in CA that is both willing and able to do this anymore.

I don't know anyone but like everyone else said, if I did, I wouldn't be telling anyone who it is. I wouldn't tell anyone I didn't personally know because you never know what there intentions are. You are not just getting the shop in trouble, you ruin it for everyone who relies on them too.

Back