California Tint and GSMotortrend

ccordex00

Reaction score
Ok guys, finally I got my mugen lip painted and my sidemarkers installed and here's the review...
California Tint
First California tint is a cool place to get your windows tinted...very good quality for a reasonable price...around $125 for all windows, ranging from 50% to 5%...and $150 for a high tint..(I have no idea about the difference between the two materials). The only problem about this place is that you have to wait for a while because is packed almost every day (that tells me is a good place)....customer service is really good and lifetime warranty is a plus....They also have a service for sidemarkers for $60 bucks if you bring your own sidemarker or $85 if you buy it (depo sidemarkers tho)....it's a good choice for those that don;t have the balls to cut their fender...it's a personal choice but they really know what they're doing..
10 for tint
10 for the sidemarkers

California Tint
4325 N.Rosemead Blvd, Rosemead ,CA 91770
626-286-2321
Ask for Pedro

Now for the Part shop

This Place is called GSMotortrends, it's like 10 minutes from California Tint...you take the Pomona 60fwy, get off on Rosemead blvd...turn left at Rush St, then make a left on Potreto and it's gonna be on your left hand side...right next to a dyno shop very easy to find...
here;s the review...
First of all these guys are really cool, very relaxed and willing to negotiate their prices. Homer is in charge of the parts shop at the very end of the street. They have lips and some random parts for different cars (bumpers, lips, headlights, tailights and some other stuff)...really cool people. The only downside is that you need a little patient with Homer's mom cause she's always busy on the phone...other than that everything is a 10.
10/10 for parts and service

T&L/GSMotortrend
9865 Al Paca St.
S.El Monte, CA 91773
626-401-9693

Ask for Homer

Body Shop
The shop is located next to Homer's place...Steve (Homer's brother) works at the shop, this guy is really cool, he likes to talk about cars and other stuff so be prepared to talk....the owner of the body shop is his dad...DON'T TALK TO HIM! I REPEAT DON'T!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE PAINTING JUST THE LIP...or do it at your own risk, he just cares about doing entire cars so don't waste your time and brains talking to him. Steve's work is really good,the quality and customer service is really good..if you take the time and just do the side screws for your mugen lip he'll take care of the rest and help you out with the install right there and if you need any kind of little plastic clips for your bumper or interior he can hook u up...he has tons of parts for different cars...
10/10 for quality of work
10+/10 for Steve

T&L AUTOBODY AND PAINT
9840 Al Paca St
S. El Monte, Ca 91773
626-444-7757
Ask for Steve (he usually gets there by 3pm)

Overall my experience at these three places was really good, I highly recommend it if you r on a budget and need a decent paint job.
Here are some pics from my car
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/jdmccord2000/DSC00249.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/jdmccord2000/DSC00246.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/jdmccord2000/DSC00245.jpg

Last edited:

lwlba

Reaction score
wow david. whole new look for me. maybe cuz i missed the last bbq.

anyways, yea homer's a real cool dude haha i got my lip from him too.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i heard california tint is a miss or hit kinda place... a lot of ppl have gotten bubbles in their tints after several months, and the shop didn't want to redo the tint... i just heard of these stories, so i'm not sure if they're the truth

Back