calipers, rotors, pads

todd_cards

Reaction score
hey guys I have searched and haven't seen anything that im looking for on here, so maybe you guys can throw a couple options out, im looking to get new/upgrade things. im going with a xxr 530 18" and I need a new look down there. I don't know which after market things to look into. nor I don't know if I should just go to local autozone and get etc there. but that stuff will look how it looks now in a couple months right?
which is my best bet.
im looking to get new rotors, calipers, pads???
I possible throw a couple brand names. websites etc please

I have a v6 00 coupe

Last edited:

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
You obviously didn't search enough but since I'm bored here you go. It all depends on your budget.

Go cheap and get these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-...1999|Model:Accord&hash=item43b55883c2&vxp=mtr

Or if you want goo quality Rotors go with EBC I've heard great things about them:
http://www.pepboys.com/product/deta...wheel_bearings/brake_rotors_front/?quantity=1

EBC also make brake pads which I've heard are good "Red Stuff"

Or you can upgrade your brakes to something OEM like the Acura RL brakes. A member here is always selling used ones they go for about $250. Add upgraded rotors and pads and you'll have a nice break setup.

There is also other options like wildwood but that's going the "baller" route. You really did not search because there is a lot of information on here about brake upgrades. Go search some more.

Varnell

Reaction score
I put on V6 calipers with my 5-lug conversion and painted them red. I also got slotted and drilled rotors from Summit racing. They look nice, but are a bit small.

If you want to fork over some cash for looks the brembo calipers with 350z blanks would be sic. Otherwise there's a thread on here about a mini BBK conversion using Acura parts.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you’re wanting to upgrade from your OEM brakes performance-wise and for looks, here’s your basic options. Btw you should also upgrade to SS lines while you're at it.

Calipers: Legend calipers, Acura Brembos, or aftermarket/BBK
Rotors: Depend on the caliper, wouldn’t recommend slotted drilled. Blank or slotted is the way to go. Drilled is only worth it if you spend the money for really good ones because cheap ones crack.
Pads: Depends on the caliper, people use the pads that come with the kit from the factory, or go aftermarket like Wagner, Akebono, Hawk, EBC, etc. This also depends on the caliper. I like Duralast’s C-max ceramic gold pads because they’re quiet, make little dust, perform well, and have a lifetime replacement warranty.

Keep searching…

Last edited:

todd_cards

Reaction score
Right. I understand. And I saw that posting but it was confusing. I have about 400 I'm looking to spend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Jake that budget is probably best suited for the Legend caliper setup. RL's would probably fall outside of it after also buying rotors and brackets.

todd_cards

Reaction score
For the legend cals. What specific year for the acura am I looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I haven't done it so I don't recall off the top of my head. But this has been discussed a LOT, and there are at least three threads that will tell you more than you want to know. One of them is even stickied. Like I said, search a little.

Back