calling all wheel pro's!

cudablack2004

Reaction score
hey whats up guys need some advice and professional/experienced help on this one! so here are the questions..............

i have a 98 accord sedan LX on coilovers no camber kit car gets repainted thursaday/friday and ready to order wheels over the weekend...

i seen a nice set for a dirt cheap price on NLmotoring.com but i want something with a nice lip now!

front dimensions: 18x7.5 +38 w/ 2.25" lip
rear dimensions: 18x9.5 +35 w/3.25" lip

now for my questions.....

1. will they fit without camber kit?
2. can i stretch 215/35's all the way around?
3. do i need to roll fenders and rear quarter?
4. has anyone done it before?
5. do u have any suggestions?

thanks for all the help just trying to do the right thing to make the car easy on the eye!

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Since my set up was very similar... i just had 8.5 up front

yes... you will need that natural camber in the rear to fit those 9.5's
yes but i recommend going wider on the front if ur gonna do 215. its jut gonna look like u have a regular wheel and then a crazy stretched wheel on back

with mines, i just had the rear quarters rolled
im pretty sure if u search, i can name at least 10-15 people on here that have done it

go wider up front...

and if its the wheels that i think your looking at, look at my recent FS thread. you might find it there cheaper... WITH TIRES

DrOwZee

Reaction score
if your slammed, i think you can run the rears with no camber, but i highly recommend it.

i believe so, but then again, i don't know anything about tires atm. still studying for my set up too.

it'll be best to roll your fenders, for the rear, your mos def gonna have to roll/relocate/shave the rear bumper tab.

yes its been done

should go wider in the front as well. imo, it'll look funny if your front is sunk while your rear isn't.

so you have to run neutral camber with 18x9.5. What if you have cambers?
with 18x9.5 i suggest running cambers. If your slammed, your camber would be about -3 which mines is right now without a camber kit.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
yes but i recommend going wider on the front if ur gonna do 215. its jut gonna look like u have a regular wheel and then a crazy stretched wheel on back

If the front is 8.5, why a wider tire on the front and not on the back.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a wider tire on the back so the back doesn't look overstretched?

Back