Camber kit question

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I know tons of people post these same questions, but in addition I feel like I have a few more unique questions which I could not find specific answers to...Does anyone who lives in an area where there is a lot of bad weather (snow) that doesnt have camber kits? Do you have problems with traction etc., and does not having the camber kit effect fuel mileage/tire wear greatly, and my concern is since our cars are front wheel drive, will not having the entire tire surface on the ground effect the driveability or anything of the car?

turbo_911

Reaction score
So basically you are saying you are lowered a lot and your camber exceeds -2.0 and you are asking if it will have less traction? Yes, less tire on the road, less traction you have. Basically as long as you don't have anything over -4 you are good, but will have tire wear. I would say up to -2 is good (I have -2.4 in front)

Last edited:

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
So regardless, be it I live.in new York where we get a lot of snow, it would be smarter to get the camber kit for the rear since I commute a lot and also do not want to sacrifice maximum traction due the weather

turbo_911

Reaction score
Ok, let me ask you, how much are you lowered and what is your camber specs? (meaning you did go to do alignment after you got your car lowered)

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I haven't lowered yet...I own type 1's but haven't installed them yet bc it is still snowing here but I want to get the kit if i need to so i have it while I'm putting the coilovers on, but I'm planning on going flush, not sure how low that brings me...ill find out tho now

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I am almost tucking tire and I have no problems with traction in the snow. As long as you take care of your tires (regular rotation etc.) then you will be fine.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
all in all, should I get the kit? or no....its a tough call but I want to know if I definitely should get it to be safe or not...

JayStuff

Reaction score
Ko, I live in seattle and am constantly driving in the snow on my ff2.5 setup.. I [was] lowered about 3 inches and needed the camber kit to correct the wheel angle anyway cause my camber was off really bad once I lowered the car.

As turbo 911 said, the more tire touching the ground, the more traction. With a camber kit you can adjust the camber angle to your visual liking and increase traction on the snow at the same time. Camber kit will also help your tire life once the snow is all gone.

Let me know what you decide tho cause I saved those bad boys for you. :hihi:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Dude, this is like the 14th time you've asked about camber and coilovers. Remember your coilover question thread? That had 13 questions about camber kits alone. How many times have the most reputable people on this site helped you? I'm not trying to be a jerk or be mean but honestly the more times you second guess the people who know what they are talking about the less help you are going to get. You do not need a camber kit. Get an alignment and don't worry about it!!!! If you are that worried about traction in the winter then do like the rest of us do, raise the car a bit and get the alignment adjusted. It's called winter mode.

Last edited:

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
True...you make a good point, just when search doesn't work doesn't hurt to ask questions I feel. Even though I posted about it before about the coils I room ppls advice and got them and felt like this was a different specific question, but I know where you're coming from tho

Back