camber wear

RobS763

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a 99 accord with 230xxx on it with original suspension. here in the next month i will be replacing upper control arms, lower ball joints, inner and outter tie rods, and sway bar links. Currently i am having excessive camber wear on my drivers front tire. My question is will replacing all this correct the issue or should i look into get upper control arms with camber adjustment....i should also say the car is not lowered and has factory rims and tires......i have had an alignment recently done on the vehicle as well.
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks in advance

RobS763

Reaction score
not at the moment but i will try to take one. its about an inch wide strip on the inner edge of the drivers front tire.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
If it's only an inch wide it's toe wear, not camber wear.

Please post pics though just for confirmation.

RobS763

Reaction score
99accord.jpg

Heres is a picture of the tire

RobS763

Reaction score
I also hearing it when making a sharp right or going around a clover leaf onto the highway

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
That wear is def from the toe being out. Make sure the guys get your toe straight next time you go for an alignment.

If you hear squealing when you are on the on and off ramps, then you need to slow down

RobS763

Reaction score
Lol i probably do need to slow down, but i only hear it turning to the right. The car drives pretty straight, it has a small drift to the left, so any other solutions or possbilities that would cause this issue

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
That is definitely toe wear, not camber wear.

This is more like camber wear.

417436_10150492978330740_650265739_9459482_772418447_n.jpg

Find an actual suspension shop that knows what they're doing, and have them align your car back to factory specifications. I don't trust a lot of places that just do alignments on the side to be completely honest with you, because the staff either is too incompetent to do a good job or doesn't care enough to do a good job.

Back