came back from the mechanic

slaiguy

Reaction score
so i had to replace my outer tie rod end and got that done. now hes tellin me (i still have plenty of time but recommended) to replace my front wheel bearings. so my first question is to those who have done it, mine do make a slight noise but where can i possibly purchase the parts from; and is this something to be worried about? and i need to get a camber kit for my rear. the left rear is at -1.3 degrees and the right rear is at -2.1 degrees. whats a good kit to get to fix that, thats not gonna break the bank; i obviously have some work to do and this is takin away from my other projects now :furious:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Well the wheel bearings have to be pressed out so unless you have a press that part has to be done by a shop. But you can remove the hub yourself and take it to the shop and have them replace the bearings. But to answer your question if its something to worry about, well if they really are going bad you should definitely replace them.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Bearings are a $50 part and can be purchased at the auto parts store. You can do them yourself, but you'll have to take the hubs off and take them to a shop to have the old bearings pressed out, and the new ones pressed in. They'll probably charge you about $50. If you have a shop do the whole thing, they will probably charge you $200 for labor.

slaiguy

Reaction score
Bearings are a $50 part and can be purchased at the auto parts store. You can do them yourself, but you'll have to take the hubs off and take them to a shop to have the old bearings pressed out, and the new ones pressed in. They'll probably charge you about $50. If you have a shop do the whole thing, they will probably charge you $200 for labor.

yeah, theyre totally trynna rape me on it; its somethin ridiculous like $200 or somethin. but i have another guy that also does my work so imma buy the parts myself. quick questions now: are they a generic part or vehicle/make specific? and should i do both at the same time, or does it not matter? thanks u guys for the help so far.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
yeah, theyre totally trynna rape me on it; its somethin ridiculous like $200 or somethin. but i have another guy that also does my work so imma buy the parts myself. quick questions now: are they a generic part or vehicle/make specific? and should i do both at the same time, or does it not matter? thanks u guys for the help so far.

Since the part is so cheap and you dont exactly have the tool to take it out again in the future. I'd entertain a genuine Honda wheel bearing. I think its like 60$ but im not sure. Other places are probably just as good, but i guess it can give u some peice of mind.

slaiguy

Reaction score
Since the part is so cheap and you dont exactly have the tool to take it out again in the future. I'd entertain a genuine Honda wheel bearing. I think its like 60$ but im not sure. Other places are probably just as good, but i guess it can give u some peice of mind.

u know where i can possibly get that part? i tried to look on the bkhonda website and couldnt find anything. so if anyone wants to help a brotha out :D

slaiguy

Reaction score
so wha about rear camber kits? i read the thread on the wicked tuning kit, and ive read reviews about the ingalls (which seems to be fairly popular). im not too sure what brand to lean towards. im riding on neuspeed racing and tokico blues; if anyone is runnin a camber kit w/ that suspension, any recommendations would be coo. thanks...

slaiguy

Reaction score
checked how much wheel bearings would be at the STealership- $105. at the local auto store- $35 & $52. thats each.

Back