can u hook up SUBS with out using RCA outputs?

loso

Reaction score
So my RCA outputs on my cd player dont work and i dont know why lol. Once the RCA's are hooked up on the amps, i connect them onto my cd player rca outputs and the subs go "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" non-stop lol its freaking weird. So i guess the cd player rca outputs dont work. is their any way i can tap into a pair of speaker wires from the cd player harness or something?? i want to listen to my bass! lol THANKS!!!

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like a current leak or bad ground somewhere. Are the RCAs and power wires running next to each other? They shouldn't be.

RCAs are the best for sound quality and calrity, splicing into speakers wires should only be done if you have to.

loso

Reaction score
try a different RCA cable first.

i already tried 3 different RCA cables lol.

And no i ran the power wire on the left side of the car and the RCA's on the right.

ANy ideas?

I tried to tap into the speaker wires by hooking up one end of the rca's to the amps and cutting the other ends to splice the wires with the speaker wires but no luck.

finch13

Reaction score
If you're amp doesn't have speaker level line-in termianals, you'll need to pick up a line out converter. It's basically a box that splices in to the speaker wire and converts the signal to an RCA connection.

loso

Reaction score
If you're amp doesn't have speaker level line-in termianals, you'll need to pick up a line out converter. It's basically a box that splices in to the speaker wire and converts the signal to an RCA connection.

oh ok. so my rca outputs are ****ed right?

finch13

Reaction score
oh ok. so my rca outputs are ****ed right?

I can't be certain. I don't think they are, it could be a wire connection going bad or something.

You could plug the RCAs into a home stereo system or boom box and double check that the deck is the problem.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the amp could have an issue as well

you wont know until you test the rcas and/or hook the amp up to the line converter

dynasty

Reaction score
buy a new headunit. you'll get a crisp sound from your headunit than anything else.

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
If you amp has high level inputs you could pull a signal off of the speakers on the rear deck (6x9's).

Though i would check your leads/grounds/insulation as stated previously.

Back