can you reboot upper ball joints?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if not, why does honda offer the boots and circlips separately?

planning ahead, both my upper boots are showing cracks but have not torn and they dont have excess play. they're going to need replacement sooner than later, simply because the rubber is going to fail.

its quite senseless to sit here and wait till they rupture, pay $75 each + shop labor to have new ones pressed in or pay $150/each for a new upper control arm when a boot is $1.75...

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
buy some good grease for the ball joints and get the boots with the circlips.

fill the boot the grease, install the boot and the circlip, and wipe away the excess grease when you put the car on the ground. :p

Drift

Reaction score
Just DON'T buy ebay upper control arms. They are dangerous and do not last. I did that last year trying to save a few bucks, but a month later I had to replace the entire control arm again with factory parts. Do yourself a favor and just buy the right parts to begin with.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
omg yes dont do that, i bought the lower ball joints and one took a **** on me while I was taking a turn at 15 mph lol I had to replace the ball joint and the axle :\

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the ONLY ebay parts i have are the vent visors...i dont mess around with parts that actually matter :lawl:

also, my one CV boot has a 1/2" tear at the way outside. it's lost so little grease, i wouldn't have noticed had it not been facing me with the car on ramps. gotta be less than 40 miles on the rip because i never drive this pile of **** anymore because something is always needing to be fixed.

does honda offer a boot kit for the axles? majestic doesn't even have any axle parts :ugh:

edit: even buying problem solver lower ball joints, one failed after a month and the other failed probably 2 years later. not catastrophically, but still. napa premium on one side, warrantied moog on the other...

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
lol and I thought I had problems with my accord lol

you can look on rockauto they have axle boot kits. :lawl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
**** it...for all i know, everything i haven't replaced on this damn car probably has 154k on it. if/when the uppers go, i'll just get OEM pieces because aftermarket + another alignment will end up costing almost the same.

now i cant decide if i want to reboot the axle or just get a reman'd one from down the street...cause the drivers side boot is showing signs of splitting but barely. dont want to **** around for a day changing boots only to have them **** the bed a week later... :squintrun:

Back