Can't Decide!

d1blet

Reaction score
So I'm in a situation...

I only started working for the summer before I head off to college. Now before I do, I definitely want to do some things to my car. The problem is, as of right now, I don't know if I'm going to take my car with me or not.

So, I'm definitely going to drop my ride. I already have some 18s sitting around that I can slap on, but without the drop, I'll be rolling 'round like a 4x4. The question is, what should I drop with? Springs or coilovers?

Of course I would want coilovers. I'm looking at these Ksport Kontrols. If they're still going for that price, I think they'll be the cheapest coilovers you can buy for the Accord that are new. I have heard some people blowing the struts early, but other Honda guys I've talked to say that they've had absolutely no problems with theirs.

Problem is, they may be the cheapest, but they're still at least $700 with shipping. $700 is 3 weeks of work. That's a lot of money. I'm cheap. But I liekz to haz teh good stuff.

My other option would be Tein S-Techs on stock struts. I'm sure I could get these for under $200, so that's 1/3 the price of the Ksports and gets me a 1.8-in drop

They're cheap and they'll do the job. So what do you guys think? Go cheap with the Teins or get the Ksports?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
why do the work twice with dropping a car on stock shocks? i never understand peoples reasoning with dropping on stock shocks. with car stuff, its not cheap, and going cheap on things like suspension, youll just end up paying for it again in the long run.

i just ordered a set of ksports today, they sound like a good coilover from what ive been reading, and hey, if one blows, then ill just get it warrantied. $700 in only 3 weeks isnt that long....just wait a month and youll be able to get them. its not that hard.

d1blet

Reaction score
Thing is, I rarely drive my car. It's an 02 and it has 16,005 original miles as of this morning. So, I bet even with stock shocks, I can last easily last for 2 years or so on the S-Techs by itself. The big thing is really the adjustability of the coilovers. That's what I want.

Andy, how long is the warranty period from Ksport?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
i have them and i had tein coilovers too but ksport stance is a killa! Dun cheap out, get the best 4 yr car or dont bother!

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea ur warranty is def shot... isnt it 3year 30k miles when they had it.... but go k sport... u wont regret it... gives u everything u want in a coilover

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Get coilovers. Period.

Huge azz props on 16k!!!! WOW your car is fkn new!!!!!

For some reason I think that's way cool. - respect.

Back