Car Alarm System

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Viper 791XV will cost you around $200 and to get it installed just to be safe another $100 or so at an individual store. I have that alarm and am very satisfied with it.

CHID0

Reaction score
Find the wire diagram for the accords and you can do it yourself. But if you're really interested in protecting you investment get it done by a professional installer.
Oh and FYI best buy wraps the cost of installation into the cost of the remote. A viper kit 2-way lcd retails for close to 500 from what i remember, actual cost is somewhere along the lines of 150-170. My advice become good friends with an employee and have them get it for you. Then either DIY or offer to pay one of the installers on the side to do it for you.....should cost 100-150 for the install and additional parts.
You'll also need a factory alarm bypass, and i'd look into a merc switch and some additional pezio sirens to make it extra annoying.

ThisWasAndy

Reaction score
Unless you have experience with 12volt systems etc, I wouldn't try this on your own. Its not impossible, but not recommended.

And about the Best Buy comments, I'm a certified installer at a Best Buy here in San Antonio. :) And yes, some installers suck ***, no matter where you go.

12volts white + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Notes: If doing starter kill, must interrupt the wire between the keyswitch and the fusebox, not between the fusebox and the starter, to keep the check engine light from coming on.
Second Starter N/A
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory yellow + ignition harness
Second Accessory white/black + ignition harness
Keysense blue/white - ignition harness
Power Lock black/blue - passenger side fuse box
Notes: in a green 20 pin connector.

Use black/white for lock and green/red for unlock on LX models without factory security. These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.
Power Unlock orange - passenger side fuse box
Notes: in a green 20 pin connector.

Use black/white for lock and green/red for unlock on LX models without factory security. These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.
Lock Motor white/red driver side fuse box
Unlock Motor driver side fuse box
Notes: yellow on the EX and lt. green/red on the LX
Parking Lights+ red/black driver side fuse box
Parking Lights- red/yellow steering column
Notes: Only available on the EX model.
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light green/black + driver side fuse box
Door Trigger black/white - passenger side fuse box
Notes: In a green 4 pin connector.
Dome Supervision use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange - drivers kick panel
Notes: Above the hood release in a gray 18 pin connector. On the DX & LX models, also found in a 2 pin connector behind the drivers fuse box.
Hood Pin yellow/red or yellow - hood pin switch or
Notes: On the EX models it is in a green plug next to the passenger side fuse box. On the LX models it is at the keyless/security unit, if equipped, which is attached to the driver side underdash panel.
Trunk/Hatch Release white/red + drivers kick panel
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Notes: Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models. The LX models arm only with the factory transmitter.
Factory Alarm Disarm
Notes: Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models. The LX models arm only with the factory transmitter.
Disarm No Unlock blue -
Notes: On the EX the wire is located at the drivers power window switch, on the LX the wire is at the keyless/security unit which is attached to the drivers underdash panel.
Tachometer blue tach test connector
Notes: The tach test connector is located behind the battery on the 4 cylinder, and on a bracket attached to the drivers side strut tower on the 6 cylinder motor. The tach test connector is a white 2 pin connector, and may be covered by a black rubber boot.
Wait to start
Brake Wire white/black + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger lt. green/blue - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
No Type:
Data Bus
Part #: IM-Honda-2
Notes:
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
Part #: 1100F
Alternate Part1 #: 1100X
Alternate Part2 #: 556HW
Alternate Part3 #: 556UW
Alternate Part4 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part5 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: When using the 1100F or 1100X, a software change to 1100HA is needed.

Straight from DirectTechs.
I installed a Viper 791xv in my Accord.
I used my Valet key in the 556u bypass module to bypass the Honda Immobilizer.

If you do undertake this, do not hesitate to ask me questions. I'll try my best to walk you through it.

-Andy
Oh, I'm known as GhettoBuddha on most other forums. lol.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Lol it's official, the Best Buy employees near me are the worst. I went to get a backup battery installed, and they said that my door triggers weren't hooked up. He said without that, its impossible to install the backup battery. He showed me that if you open the window, and hold the lock up while arming the car, after opening the door, the alarm doesn't ring, when it should. The Best Buy installer then started badmouthing the place I got it done real bad. Callin them n00bs and all lol.

I went back to the place where I originally got the alarm installed, and they said you have to wait 5 seconds, then the door trigger activates, lol. And the original place (not best buy) also said that it's not impossible to install the battery without door triggers anyway.

Back