car already lowered with bs..researching...UPDATE..

blankkoop

Reaction score
i just put eibach sportlines on my girls car and i like how it rides but its a lil too high... i want as close to factory ride as possible but handling as well..my budget is 750 max.. not alot but hopefully i can get this to work..

10/1/10

finding a suspension on a budget is exhausting...
..i almost pulled the trigger w/ NASOHC but i dont have paypal...
..i called and left messages w/ AMR, CC in hand and they never called me back...
..i tried a local company for koni str and was gonna get GCs to go w/ them but they tell me koni doesnt have any and will get back to me when they get back to him, ok.. no prob. so he tries to sell me on eibach pro shocks but theres not much feedback on them and theyve been out longer than koni str..

10/5/10

koni sports and eibach springs ordered..

thanx for all the help and insight...setup is about $700 shipped(right under budget) and iam hoping it turns out good...
new pics an review in 2 weeks when i get this stuff on the car...

l_332ae84c6e5d4e2396dd9cfe24c04dd8.jpg

thats my current ride height...same height in the back...car sits on 205 55 16...current suspension is egay garbage that im sure probably blew the stock shocks by now..

i read the review thread but it seems like alot of guys autocross and race....im in school and work(both full time) so i just want it to sit nice and ride smooth...it will never see a track as i have never driven on one and dont intend to until i can afford a bmw..

so i need info on a setup that will give me a smooth ride and hopefully fit my tiny budget..

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Re: car already lowered with bs..i want to figure which setup would be best for me

Smooth oem feel and low to the ground/no wheel gap DO NOT go together.
For coilovers look at tein basic for more oem feel and they fit ur budget..or ff type1/2 (they're a bit stiffer). Look into ground control and koni setup as well if considering shock/coilover sleeve combo.
For normal spring/shock look at h&R,teins,neuspeed,eibach etc for springs and pair them up with some koni yellows or tokico illuminas.

At the end of the day however the suspension review thread has a lot of members opinons on different setups and not every1 on there tracks their car.

Smooth will NEVER equal low/no wheel gap.

Last edited:

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
Re: car already lowered with bs..i want to figure which setup would be best for me

your car looks good already IMO

Levi

Reaction score

if u want oem feel and wanna be slammed, i dont think ur gonna experience that in the accord. u gotta watch out for small bumps and find other routes to get to point b cuz of speed bumps, u have to deal with scraping and control arms hitting each other...ehhh

blankkoop

Reaction score

Smooth oem feel and low to the ground/no wheel gap DO NOT go together.
For coilovers look at tein basic for more oem feel and they fit ur budget..or ff type1/2 (they're a bit stiffer). Look into ground control and koni setup as well if considering shock/coilover sleeve combo.
For normal spring/shock look at h&R,teins,neuspeed,eibach etc for springs and pair them up with some koni yellows or tokico illuminas.

At the end of the day however the suspension review thread has a lot of members opinons on different setups and not every1 on there tracks their car.

Smooth will NEVER equal low/no wheel gap.

if i have to raise it an inch front and back i would bcuz right now it tucks and thats not something i care for...id rather be comfortable but i still want it lowered... VV this car sits right to me

ibifih.jpg

your car looks good already IMO

thanx but it doesnt ride good... ive been through alot of cars lowered the wrong way so bouncing around is not tolerable..

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

if i have to raise it an inch front and back i would bcuz right now it tucks and thats not something i care for...id rather be comfortable but i still want it lowered... VV this car sits right to me

ibifih.jpg

thanx but it doesnt ride good... ive been through alot of cars lowered the wrong way so bouncing around is not tolerable..

Hey that's my car. Thanks. :thumbsup:

To bad it was before I pulled the dents out of the fender and installed my front lip even and right. :lawl:

Last edited:

blankkoop

Reaction score

if u want oem feel and wanna be slammed, i dont think ur gonna experience that in the accord. u gotta watch out for small bumps and find other routes to get to point b cuz of speed bumps, u have to deal with scraping and control arms hitting each other...ehhh

im happy w just being lowered...doesnt HAVE to be slammed...i know how to drive slammed cars though...by the way nice car, whered you get the window visors? damn leather is a killer down here..

blankkoop

Reaction score

Hey that's my car. Thanks. :thumbsup:

? how does it ride? i see your on ff's... im eventually gonna get 18s but should be sittin about same height as yours...really stiff? girlfriend and mom complain?? when people ride with me i dont wanna be embarrassed cuz the car looks good but rides like a skateboard..

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

IF it doesn't have to be slammed than tein basics will work for you.but there about 100$ more than your budget.They ride like stock with better handling but wont go past finger or 1.5 gap.
Iv heard mixed reviews about FFs..some say they ride good some say very stiff.and no dampening adjustments.

Im personally on D2 Racing coilovers and they are decent for what i paid for them..with 36way dampening adjustments hard/soft. and have the ability to lay frame.ha

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

FF's are alright. The ride is nice not to stiff and not overly soft. My girlfriend says it rides very nicely. I'm not the happiest consumer when it comes to their quality but they've been really good to me. If I had to do it over again I'd save up for coilovers with adjustable spring rates.

Back