car battery v6 to i4 vice versa

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
^Incorrect, my Optima battery for my V6 has the same setup as your i4 example.

I have used a 4cyl battery from an Integra, and it worked just fine.

Your example may be the stock battery example, but there are plenty of batteries that can be used between the v6 and i4.

Okay, but neither you or the OP mention of using/having the Optima battery. And yes you're correct sir, I assume stock simply because the majority uses stock battery, so I referred and examplified to stock specifications, meaning location of the terminals. Just out of curiosity though, which Optima battery do you have?

Jimsun

Reaction score
The dimension is kinda off as the v6 have a bigger battery. So i'm assuming clamping it down will assure that it'll hold its place.
The i4 vs the v6 have different post locations

i4
LS:RS
X:+
X:-

v6
LS:RS
X:-
X;+

To fix the location, i just turned the battery 180 degrees and pulled the ground wire so it'll reach the negative post

This is how it looks like

68839_10151271035051382_2129695189_n.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Okay, but neither you or the OP mention of using/having the Optima battery. And yes you're correct sir, I assume stock simply because the majority uses stock battery, so I referred and examplified to stock specifications, meaning location of the terminals. Just out of curiosity though, which Optima battery do you have?

I have yellow tops. Specific model #, I don't remember. The battery I used from the Integra was a Walmart battery for a 1991 Integra.

That's why I had mentioned, it depends on the battery.

This is how it looks like

68839_10151271035051382_2129695189_n.jpg

That is a different setup than the 'stock' example, so you should be fine to use a v6 battery.

Just saw your explaination as well.

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score
Thanks Derek, I guess it'll do the job for now.

@ Levin
I never knew CT diagnoses car batteries for free

Back