Car bogs when stepping on the gas

5spdSedan

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here and need some help. Ok to start out this is a 99 accord with a f23a1 automatic. My problem is that when the gas is stepped on it bogs down. the idle is under the 1k mark. we replaced the idle air control valve and knock sensor then this problem arose. To me it seems like one of the things we replaced has to be the problem. mostly the IACV. this car needs to be fixed soon since its a daily. well thanks in advance.

5spdSedan

Reaction score
update: we put the old hardware back in and still the same. something must of had to been touched while replacing those 2 items.

CB7

Reaction score
ha ha, you are on the 4th gen forum asking this, i came on here to do a search for you, lol, and this thread came up.

i am KB7Acoord on the other forum

did you touch any grounds by any chance? i doubt it.

when was the last time the fuel filter, (if it has one), was changed?

Last edited:

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
nice to meet you both.

any CEL popping up?

i assume you've checked all wiring to the IACV?

btw your idle should be at ~750 rpm when the engine is fully warmed up.

5spdSedan

Reaction score
No grounds were touched except for the one on the battery cause it needed a charge from sitting to long. The fuel filter hasn't been replaced i don't think.

Only CEL i saw was the maintenance required light was on. As for the wiring doesn't the IACV only have that connector running to it and 2 are coolant lines and 1 vacuum port?

vietkid_2006

Reaction score
Fuel filter might need a change but for sure it's not the problem since it wasn't occuring before the knock sensor and the IACV.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
what is this a cb7tuner meet on 6GA?

how much bogging are we talking about here? from what i can recall, the idle is set fine.

are you sure you just messed only with the iacv and knock sensor? seems like a miscalibration in the TPS

5spdSedan

Reaction score
No I just got a 6th gen and this problem just occurred. As for how much bogging even the lightest touch on the gas starts to bog. Im sure those are the only things we touched. If it is a calibrated TPS how you one go about recalibrating it?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
hmm, did you use a new IACV or cleaned it out fairly well? did you disconnect the battery to reset any possible issue that the old iacv may have caused? i highly doubt it was your tps acting up.

5spdSedan

Reaction score
replaced with a new one. disconnected the battery 3 times and it did nothing. could it be coolant level? cause i know we took some out and possibly isnt enough going through the new IACV.

Back