Car cutting off AGAIN while driving.

itzstevo

Reaction score
So I already had Honda fix the recall for my ignition and now it's doing it again. Will Honda fix it for free again? Have any of the member done it more than once?

001Stunna

Reaction score
So I already had Honda fix the recall for my ignition and now it's doing it again. Will Honda fix it for free again? Have any of the member done it more than once?

Mine was done for free twice. Once by previous owner at 45xxxkm and once by me at 240xxxkm. Call Honda America/Canada and plead your case. If they won't listen what worked for me was posting in their FB page with a somewhat nasty message lol. Someone called me within 5-10 minutes and apologized for the first rep not helping out and offered to do the recall for me as a good will.

That being said, the dealer that did the work did end up fawking up some sh1t like cutting my fog light power wire, mangled my alarm wires, lost the ignition switch cap somehow.

Just make sure you do your hw and diagnose that it is really the switch. As what they did for me was charge a diagnosing fee, and then price of part and labor by dealer .... to which all Honda Canada paid for. But if it was not the switch i'd have to pay for the diagnosing fee.

Last edited:

itzstevo

Reaction score
Went to several different honda dealerships and they said the same thing, they only fix the recall once. end up finding the part i need on ebay for $20 now i just to got wait til it come in so i can switch it out.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Went to several different honda dealerships and they said the same thing, they only fix the recall once. end up finding the part i need on ebay for $20 now i just to got wait til it come in so i can switch it out.

Its a pretty easy changeover...if you have an aftermarket alarm/starter though make sure you mark down the wires so you can reconnect them to the new switch after.

Back