Car dies in hot weather

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
This has happened twice. Once today, once about a week and a half ago. It happens when the car is at very low rpm like idling because today I was rolling at 10mph in 2nd at a stop light the first time. Ive never had this problem before, but I've looked it up and there's a couple Hondas that do it, but the fix was fuel/air related and I have a new fuel pump and filter, new air filter, seafoamed 1000mi ago, injectors are working good, I run Berrymans b-12 chemtool every so often, and I cleaned the tb 2 years ago. I know it's been a while since I cleaned the tb but the tb and intake looks pretty clean. I'll hit it pretty hard with tb cleaner tomorrow, but what else can I do? It's had a slight lean issue, but the fuel pump helped it a little. It has to be something to do with that, but I'm having a lot trouble fixing it totally.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Oh sorry, no nothing, but what I just told you symptom wise, no codes, not even a single other problem. It's a f23a1 with 211k mi.
Edit: just cleaned the tb as well as I could... Idk if it's a fix or not. I tried to get some up the iacv hole as well as I could, I'm not going to take it off yet.

Last edited:

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
AC running or no? Have you serviced the main relay?

I don't remember if the a/c was on, probably though. No I have not serviced the main relay but it starts right back up and I haven't noticed it died until I gave it gas. The first time the battery and oil lights were on which was a really big wtf, I don't think it was in this time because I looked right at the rpm gauge to see if it was at 0 when the car didn't rev. I do have an oil pump that's on its way out and I need to replace the alternator because it can't hold a steady idle when electronics are shutting on and off and it's got a new battery and 1gauge ground wires. Power wire is in good condition, fuse box looks spotless, no corrosion.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Does it die like you shut the key off, or 'chug' (like it is still trying to run) dead?

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Does it die like you shut the key off, or 'chug' (like it is still trying to run) dead?

It just shuts off like you turned the key, but stays in the II position.
It's been really hot past few days and it hasn't done it so cleaning the tb might have fixed it, but I'd like to get to the bottom of the problem.

Back