Car dies in hot weather

james'99

Reaction score
Well, there are two halves to the ignition and that is where xci was pointing. There is an electrical half and a mechanical half. The mechanical half is fine. Its the electrical half that could be the issue. Does your odometer turn off when the engine shuts off?

twofast4u

Reaction score
i have a similar issue. When i clutch and brake when its damp or really hot my car does die. I feel like it could be the distributor maybe...

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Well, there are two halves to the ignition and that is where xci was pointing. There is an electrical half and a mechanical half. The mechanical half is fine. Its the electrical half that could be the issue. Does your odometer turn off when the engine shuts off?

Nope. Only the engine turns off it would be just like you stuck the key on an turn it to II except the check lights don't come on only the lights that stay on.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
I have to turn the key again.
Is it normal if you turn your key backwards slightly and it cuts the engine and stays in II with all accessories working, but the odometer shuts off? I don't think that's what my car is doing by itself, but I can do it if I try. I'm not 100% the odometer is on or off when it does it, I just didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You don't click it off, but it dies...

My guess is the ignition switch, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Back