Car doesn't start in the heat.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
as far as a factory alarm, all i can think of is the immobilizer ... it will allow the car to crank but cuts off fuel, keeping the car from starting ... does the security key light up on the gauge cluster when you crank it? ... sometimes, very very rarely, the immobilizer chip goes bad

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
as far as a factory alarm, all i can think of is the immobilizer ... it will allow the car to crank but cuts off fuel, keeping the car from starting ... does the security key light up on the gauge cluster when you crank it? ... sometimes, very very rarely, the immobilizer chip goes bad

I'll check when i leave work

PLmike

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My Accord starts fine in the morning, but when I'm at work all day with it sitting in the parking lot and its extremely hot....the car fires up and dies instantly. After that it just turns over as if it was going to start. I disconnect the battery, connect it again and boom it starts up. It hasn't done it the last few days because I've had cooler weather in my area. It definitely has something to do with the heat, cause it never has issues starting when its cooler. Very strange and annoying. I've had one instance were I had to wait 10 minutes until it decided to start.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My Accord starts fine in the morning, but when I'm at work all day with it sitting in the parking lot and its extremely hot....the car fires up and dies instantly. After that it just turns over as if it was going to start. I disconnect the battery, connect it again and boom it starts up. It hasn't done it the last few days because I've had cooler weather in my area. It definitely has something to do with the heat, cause it never has issues starting when its cooler. Very strange and annoying. I've had one instance were I had to wait 10 minutes until it decided to start.

only difference is that mine doesnt turn over... at all. and no green security key upon start.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
it's always something small and stupid ... usually is ... i'm boggled because there isn't many things that will keep it from at least cranking over ... i was thinking it could be a bad starter, yes i know it starts up, but like mentioned that is when it's cold not hot

for example ... on my brothers gsx, i was getting a misfire on a cyl. so i checked the injector ... i tested the ohm's on a bad injector, when the eng. was cold it read fine, but after the engine warmed up, it read 0 ohm's ... could be what's happening to your starter or whatever part is failing

Last edited:

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
it's always something small and stupid ... usually is ... i'm boggled because there isn't many things that will keep it from at least cranking over ... i was thinking it could be a bad starter, yes i know it starts up, but like mentioned that is when it's cold not hot

for example ... on my brothers gsx, i was getting a misfire on a cyl. so i checked the injector ... i tested the ohm's on a bad injector, when the eng. was cold it read fine, but after the engine warmed up, it read 0 ohm's ... could be what's happening to your starter or whatever part is failing

a strange thing i noticed is that i disconnected my negative lead that grounded my interior gauges... and it hasn't done it since.. Literally has not done it once since i disconnected the ground wires from the battery. Interesting. cannot figure out the connection.

slaiguy

Reaction score
stupid question: where can u p/up a fuel pump relay? this sounds like the same problem i was having last week...

Last edited:
Back