car doesnt start

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
by any chance does any 1 know if a iac valve for 265 a good pr. ? and also when u say a loose connection where do i look for a loose connection ? the battery of course but where else

njmodi

Reaction score
I don't think a bad IACV will stop your car from starting - it might start, and then sputter and die.... but not prevent the car from catching altogether.

Where did you get that price?

poff1986

Reaction score
Main relay, if it has been warm and or humid out, the main relay can go bad, there is a soldered joint in there that cracks, take the bottom of the relay out, using a magnifying glass look at the circuit board and find the one that has a very fine crack in it, resolder it and its good to go, could also have a problem with an ignitor, but thats usually on 97 and older ones....good luck!

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
at a shop where i go to. i just got it back and it idles smooth as a baby

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
so my car still having this problem and the iac valve didnt do much but it does have a smoother idle,i checked my battery seems to be fine,one thing i have noticed is i dont hear the fuel pump whine when i turn the key could this be something leading to my problem ?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
the fuel pump is supposed to do that.
Have you checked your main relay?

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
no i have not where is it located i might wanna check before i order the fuel pump

dumpedaccord69

Reaction score
ya man you should be able to hear the pump clearly prime when you turn the key on if you have checked out everything batt. alt. fuel pump try igniton switch a contact point could have burned out and that would look like as if the solder is not whole or looks like it has heated up and moved if that makes any sense do all your lights come on when you turn the key to prime the fuel pump or do you get nothing?

Back