Car is dying, I think. HELP. :[

littl3monster

Reaction score
I have a 99 automatic v6 coupe.

So last night I was sitting in my car, with it on, for like an hour. Then all of sudden my battery light & the lights that tell you when a door is open, ALL came on. My brake light was also on, but it's been like that for a couple weeks, I need new brake pads I think... ANYWAY,
it drove home normally. Then today I drove to the bank and on my way home, I had to brake pretty hard cause this van decided to turn in front of me...
then this is where the problems started...
First, it wouldn't accelerate properly & I had to put it in 1st to even get it moving. The radio and a/c kept resetting, and my engine light, battery light, ABS light, and key light all came on.
When moving from park, to reserve, to drive, the car jumps like nobody's business...
There's no way in hell I'm driving this thing anywhere...
:(
I have no idea what to do.

:confused:

rwong410

Reaction score
First off, I don't think it was a good idea for you to leave your car on and idling for an hour. As for the battery light, I think that means you need to replace your alternator, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, don't know about your other issues.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Autozone -

1yr Warranty -
$144.99 + $25 core = $170 Check the belt too.

FYI - You get the $25 back

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
^^^hes quick...im a slowpoke
got mine at autozone for $100 something with lifetime warranty. As for labor, its free DIY.

Back