Car shaking

SOCalCG5

Reaction score
Ok so today, I parked my car in the drive way and I put it in park, and just revved the engine a bit, suddenly when i let go the car violently shakes. I kept doing it and continued to do the same after a while. I asked my friend and he thinks it may be the trans mounts. Also, when i turned my steering wheel, i hear some wierd popping noise coming from the right passenger wheel. Any ideas what you guys may think?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
If you're in park how is it your transmission? Maybe im missing something? If anything i would guess engine mounts instead.

Does it shake when you rev while driving or just park?

As for the pop, check your axles and steering bushings. Maybe balljoints and what not.

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
If you're in park how is it your transmission? Maybe im missing something? If anything i would guess engine mounts instead.

+1

need more details, where was the shaking coming from? define "rev a little bit", and if you were moving when you were turning the wheel right

SOCalCG5

Reaction score
most of the time when im in park, but sometimes when i press the gas or tap it, it shakes but not as much as when im in park and rev it to see if i have any exhaust leak or just hold it and let it go...as far as the wheel i just turn right and hear it

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
does it sound like its coming from the engine, axles, tranny, steering column? did you get an oil change recently? and have you hit any curbs or anything lately? if you hear a clicking noise, its a sign of bad cv joints typically, and if you got a fresh oil change, or are running thin oil, your engine will start to knock quite badly

Back