Car stalling

jasonjs

Reaction score
my car just started to do this once i slow down and start pressing the gas again car stalls for a lil bit and than just takes off .doesnt feel like its the tranny feels more like its not getting gas and once it gets it it just takes off

C_S_L

Reaction score
nubian.jpg

Do a search for that. Some of us experienced that and has found answer by searching.

jwong512

Reaction score
Check your engine air filter. Sounds like it might be clogged up and your engine might not be getting sufficient air to run properly.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
also check your throttle cable. I ve seen so many damn loose throttle cables it sickening. It may not be the problem, but its always good to have it set right.

jasonjs

Reaction score
i just bought the car the only thing ive done to it was the spark plugs ,wires oil change gas cap and thats about it

jasonjs

Reaction score
also check your throttle cable. I ve seen so many damn loose throttle cables it sickening. It may not be the problem, but its always good to have it set right.

how do i check the throttle cable? i was looking at it and its marked like something was done to it before

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
how do i check the throttle cable? i was looking at it and its marked like something was done to it before

your gonna have to take a picture of this....saying there's a marking doesn't help us. to check it you see how much play is in the line. Shouldn't be droopy loose, or g-stri*g tight... sorry for the analogy, i couldn't think of anything else.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
your gonna have to take a picture of this....saying there's a marking doesn't help us. to check it you see how much play is in the line. Shouldn't be droopy loose, or g-stri*g tight... sorry for the analogy, i couldn't think of anything else.

Lol g string tight.

Op, get a friend and have him slowly press the gas pedal as you look at the throttle cable rotate the thottle plate. If you see the cable moving and the plate isn't then you have to adjust it tighter. You will see a bracket holding the throttle cable sandwiched between two nuts.

Loosen the nuts and adjust accordingly. The throttle plate should begin to rotate as the pedal is being pushed.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
lol g string tight.

Op, get a friend and have him slowly press the gas pedal as you look at the throttle cable rotate the thottle plate. If you see the cable moving and the plate isn't then you have to adjust it tighter. You will see a bracket holding the throttle cable sandwiched between two nuts.

Loosen the nuts and adjust accordingly. The throttle plate should begin to rotate as the pedal is being pushed.

+1^

Back