Car won't start... Again...

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If you can get it started, turn off all accessories, turn on your headlights, shut the car off and if they get brighter chances are it's the alt not charging the battery.

Emo236e

Reaction score
You may also have something that is constantly on and draining power from the battery. I've even seen old battery cables cause similar issues. If it's not the altenator, then these might be other things to look into. Good luck with it all, there's nothing more frustrating than a car that won't start. (unless, it's a car that starts and then blows up :henry:)

Ch1R

Reaction score
Its not the alt. If it was your car would not start period. Im having this problem right now as well but for sure i think mine is the main relay, i noticed when its warm outside my car doesnt turn on or shuts off. When your car shut off did it fell like a stall? And do you hear the fuel pump go on?

And lets blow up Emo's accord =) or in Emos face =(

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If he put in a new battery and it started and drove fine for awhile.. sounds like it ran till the battery died.

Ch1R

Reaction score
Nah,battery doesnt die in a day like that not that i know of, because i thought my car had a died battery and i jumped it nothing happened still. Then 10 min later the car turned on then it died by itself i was like damn. I think the OP has the same problem. So yeah just call honda and give them your vin. Honda here said there is no recall for mine though...

Emo236e

Reaction score
And lets blow up Emo's accord =) or in Emos face =([/QUOTE said:
:ownedrun:

please don't :(

OP, how are your battery cables? Sometimes, with old battery cables, it will start with a full/powerful charge (ie, new battery or jumping), but will not get enough current through them otherwise.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
There's a sequence to follow. Battery done so now check grounds, pull Alternator and have checked - recheck grounds and wires, check recalls.

Back