Car won't start, felt like transmission disengaged (?)

brainneeded

Reaction score
ditto that, I thought that one could be left off...

Any way, our car had the ECM combined with the TCM, as far as I know. So no codes is no electrical problem, you have a mechanical problem. You're trans is dead, most likely. So if you have no gears it sounds like a fluid problem, maybe pressure.

What fluid did you use?

honda dw1

turns out it was the flywheel,not sure what/why as when i was on the phone with the shop they were busy and i was busy. luckily my mechanic/shop also happens to be my uncle so were just waiting on parts and i'll have the car up and running soon and not ridiculous on my wallet. thanks for your help everyone!

james'99

Reaction score
honda dw1

turns out it was the flywheel,not sure what/why as when i was on the phone with the shop they were busy and i was busy. luckily my mechanic/shop also happens to be my uncle so were just waiting on parts and i'll have the car up and running soon and not ridiculous on my wallet. thanks for your help everyone!

Should have said something to that effect when I responded yesterday. Pretty much the only linkage between engine and transmission that could cause both problems. Glad you got it figured out!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
weird.

Flywheel = manual trans
Flexplate = automatic trans

either way, they both have a starter gear, but they also bolt to the engine and bolt to the trans...

brainneeded

Reaction score
Last edited:
Back