Car wont start IDK what it is... Please help me

Velaz009

Reaction score
Okay so I replaced the battery because it was old from 2010 and I got it tested from autozone it wasnt good. I have the big 3 upgrade so I changed the terminals I had this before my batter went bad car worked just fine. Its not the starter cause I changed that little less than a year ago. Its makes like a clunk clunk sound but never even tries to start. I had this issue months ago but it went away my cousin told me it had something to do with my viper alarm I dont have a remote start alarm but I check online and it turns out that the relays go bad on them so I looked up online there is a way you can bypass the relay by connecting a 14 gauge wire in the where one end on each big wire of the relay.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBZmwZW1ePE&feature=share&list=PL2B2614A0731F2F91 <this is the video. It still did not work when this happened to me a neighboor who is a crook said Ill fix for $50 and all he did was look under the steering moved something and turned the key it started now I am just assuming it has something to do with this. It can still be the alternator or starter. However I have tried jumping the car and it still doesnt turn on. Please help 6thgen brothers!!
I drive a 2000 accord lx 4cyl

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if u tried jumping it and it won't start, it's not the battery.. btw a battery from 2010 is not old..... mine is from 2006 :lawl:

so, it turns over when u try cranking it but it won't start up? not sure wht u mean by a clunking sound...

Velaz009

Reaction score
^^wow 2006 lol..Well I have alot of amp running on the battery so they dont last for me.. but my car doesnt do anything it no starter trying to start or anything it just makes like a clunk sound coming from under the steering wheel I think it is the alarm man Im not sure..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have your alternator tested and check your grounds on your system. Something is killing your electric system fast.

ninjacord

Reaction score
Look around in the drivers side for a bypass button. Both my previous accords had aftermarket alarms in it and the same thing happend. The button in my first accord was on the wall by the gas. In my current accord its on the oppisite side by the clutch. In my situations they r tiny little button about an 1/8th of an inch round.
When you try to start it do the lights come on?
Is the car 5sp? Can u push start it?

619rcr

Reaction score
If you have a 5spd, have u tried push starting it? Get it going and popping the clutch? If its just the starting system, it will still run fine.

One more tip if you have an auto. Put the car in neutral or park, leave the key switched on and listen for the fuel pump. If you hear it run, try to bypass the starter solenoid. Use a jumper wire from the batt to the S terminal on the starter solenoid. If it starts, then you have a problem in the starting circuit. I did this when I did my motor swap and my car wouldn't start.

If either of these work, I suggest scutinizing over your wiring to the starter. If you have an alarm try removing it all together to make sure its not the problem.

Last edited:

fayetvillain85

Reaction score
If your neighbor started it after messing around under the steering column then it was either a bypass button on ur alarm or he was messing with the fuel pump relay that's located under the dash to the left. If not it could be a switch gone bad right behind the lock cylinder where you slide ur key in. But these things should be checked only after checking the entire charging system. Good luck!

Velaz009

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys it was the stupid alarm it has a relay switch that went bad causing it not to start.

Back