car wont start....please help

white beauty

Reaction score
i was doing a little maintenence today.... cleaning the air filter, i was low on oil so i put about a quart and a half in and just cleaning the engine bay up a little. after i was done i started up the car, drove around a little then parked my car. I came back about 2 hours later and it wouldnt start at all, just a clicking noise coming from my distributor. i would appreciate anyone telling what they think could be wrong. thanks

nexTOme

Reaction score
you mean you hear the starter cranking?

when you have your key to "on" position, do you hear whistling noise? (fuel pumping in)

white beauty

Reaction score
its really not even cranking, its just sounds like something in the distributor cap clicking. I didnt hear the sound of the fuel pump either. I really have no idea what could have gone wrong, the car was perfectly fine 2 hours before, this is so weird and frustrating

midnight407

Reaction score
clicking.......check battery cables and connections, make sure you have a full 12v. sometimes when i mess around under the hood, i accidentally knock the battery cables loose and the same thing happens to me

white beauty

Reaction score
thanks guys, ill try checking out the batter connections and see if thats it. and i doubt i fried my starter, it was working fine 2 hours before and i didnt get it wet in any way, hopefully something cam loose

Back