Car won't start. :(

littl3monster

Reaction score
It's an automatic 99 accord coupe.

It ran perfectly fine yesterday,
started fine this morning.
Then wouldn't start when I stopped at the gas station...
so I noticed some corrosion on the battery...got rid of that.
Then magically it started.
Until it did 3 more times that day...then finally just wouldn't start for sh!t once I got back home.
I had two people come try to jump it off...thinking it was the battery,
but nothing happened.

All the electrical sh!t goes on,
it's just the engine won't make a noise.

& it's not the alternator cause I JUST replaced that 3 months ago.

Starter, I'm thinking?
If so, how the hell do I replace that?
I have to go somewherez tonightz. :(

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I had this problem few weeks ago..
Turn the key on:Can hear the fuel pump click on and cd player comes on ect. But just dosnt do anything?.It was the battery.Yes batterys can go bad..its my 2nd one this year.Finally bought a optima Red-top.

but if you can get your car started*i had to jump mine off* take it up to the parts store and have them check both starter and battery.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
the car dosnt turn over or do anything? just the radio and all the dash lights come on?

try hitting your starter with a hammer lightly or any blunt object lightly/mildly..It will cause a temporary fix if it is the starter.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Replace your battery. :furious: Take it to autozone and have them test the amperage.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
LOL, why are you angry?

Becuase its obviously your battery from what info you have provided. Corrosion on a battery can add resistance and keep the car from starting. a small crack in the casing, or by leakage past the seal, allows sulfuric acid vapor to corrode the battery terminals (which are made of lead). You need to mix some baking soda and pour it onto the terminals to neutralize the acid and then clean. You dont want to touch, inhale or get that lead sulfate (corrosion) in your eyes.

Make sure you put some Vaseline on your terminals to keep the lead battery posts from corroding again in the future. You may just need to tighten up your terminals to re jump your car, but it sounds like your battery won't hold a charge at all. There is a method of adding distilled water into each of the little battery cells, but I dont recommend doing so if your not familure with batteries.

Just try to re-tighten or adjust the connections, if that does not work. Take your battery to get tested.

Back