FS: Carbon Creations Shaved CF Trunk (coupe) *NEW*

KnightRyder

Reaction score
So theres a long story as to why i have this Carbon Creations trunk AND a VIS trunk (on my car). dont really want to explain how i ended up with 2 trunks but i need to recover some of my lost money from my ordeal.

This is a Carbon Creations Shaved Trunk. It was mounted on my car for about 30 minutes, thats it! there are no chipped corners or anything like that. It has one minor defect in the weave (it happened during the manufacturing process). I've placed both the CC trunk and the VIS trunk side by side and the CC trunk has a better build quality, the VIS trunk has many ripples probably from a very old mold they're using, the CC trunk is very smooth in comparison.

do your homework and you'll see that this trunk runs $500 on the low end, not including shipping which usually brings the total cost up to $600 or more.

CONDITION: NEW/LIKE NEW (only test fitted)
MY PRICE: $400-->$375 shipped via Greyhound (fedex and ups charge a LOT for large items, i can ship using them if you want, you pay the difference.)

basically the way greyhound shipping works is i pack the item and drop it off at my local station, and then you pick it up at your local station several days later. its the cheapest option for shipping large oversized items.

pics:
imag0208w.jpg

imag0209z.jpg

imag0210tx.jpg

one thing to note: all CF trunks, any brand... need work to fit. I've had first hand experience with both VIS and CC, they fit exactly the same out of the box... bad. what i mean is they wont close, even with the striker readjusted. the reason for the fitment issues is the OEM weatherstripping on the trim of the trunk, its too thick. some people have dealth with the issue by putting washers on the bolts holding the trunk which spaces it up a little more allowing the trunk to close but the tradeoff is the trunk will sit higher than your rear quarter panels... not acceptable to me. so you can do what i did, remove the OEM weather stripping and go to your local hardware store and find a simple U shaped rubber trim and use that to seal the trunk. works great and still seals everyting, i crawled inside the trunk and closed it and saw zero light leaking in which meant it was sealed closed and it was level with the rear quarter panel.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
If i wasn't fixing my transmission/engine/engine mounts/wiring/everything mechanical this would have already been bought. Glws

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the CC trunk has better build quality, is there a reason you held onto the VIS?

Regardless, good deal. I’d take it if I didn’t want my trunk paint matched.

Mikey

Reaction score
If it didnt have the fitment issues and my car were a lighter color, Id be all over this.

GLWS.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I think CF parts look better with darker colors, because they blend in with the car more. CF and DEP look pretty good together, just look at 99cfENVYv6’s coupe.

Imo, CF on lighter colored cars is a bit more 'shouty'.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Im keeping the VIS one because of the direction of the weave, it flows the same way as my AIT roof spoiler, the CC flows the other way. Also id have a harder time selling the VIS trunk to someone who is picky like me because of the ripples. Im going to sand it smooth and painted slightly evetually anyways so i figured id sell the one in better shape out of the box.

for someone thinking they might have better luck with the fitment if they buy factory direct, you wont. I bought this piece directly from Extreme Dimensions warehouse in LA, ED owns Carbon Creations.

Last edited:
Back