cars been maxing out lean on AFR 17.+,sluggish

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Oh i know the gauge cant mess my car up..ha
but its letting me know that something is happening.

I have noticed my gas going alot quicker..filled up sunday morning..have driven about 110miles thus far and im already 3small lines away from half tank!
I usually go a week plus a day untill i fill up..i filled up twice last week.

Drift

Reaction score
you may have a fuel leak causing both issues.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
.I was thinking same thing actually, in both our circumstances. Sometimes I get a wiff of raw(-ish) fuel. I checked my injectors, there is no leak around them and they are seated properly. I also checked the connections between my fuel rail, adjustable FPR, and incoming fuel line - everything is sealed. I do smell fuel though...

It would make sense that if there was a fuel leak, proper pressure wouldn't be maintained, causing not enough fuel to be injected into the mixture, and resulting in a consistently lean condition.

How about this, could a bad inline fuel filter cause this? I know the one in my tank is good, but what about a filter that is located somewhere along the path from the tank to the engine? If there is one, where approximately is it located so that I may replace it?

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
.I was thinking same thing actually, in both our circumstances. Sometimes I get a wiff of raw(-ish) fuel. I checked my injectors, there is no leak around them and they are seated properly. I also checked the connections between my fuel rail, adjustable FPR, and incoming fuel line - everything is sealed. I do smell fuel though...

It would make sense that if there was a fuel leak, proper pressure wouldn't be maintained, causing not enough fuel to be injected into the mixture, and resulting in a consistently lean condition.

How about this, could a bad inline fuel filter cause this? I know the one in my tank is good, but what about a filter that is located somewhere along the path from the tank to the engine? If there is one, where approximately is it located so that I may replace it?

This makes sense if you are running lean. The PCM is trying to compensate by adding more fuel, it should smell of fuel. A clogged/gunked up fuel filter could cause your complaint and casue the car to run lean. I know there is one in the tank like you stated but I'm fairly certain there is not one in line. I replaced my fuel feed line (a PITA BTW) last year and I don't recall seeing one anywhere underneath the floor where the lines run. Perhaps there is one somewhere near the bay or on top of the tank.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just called Honda, they confirmed that there is NO inline fuel filter on our cars, only the one attached to the pump in the tank.

I just need a damn retune.. It would also help if temperature outside wasn't 104 degrees..

I may need to wait for a day when the temp is a solid 80 or so, but I have no clue when that's gonna happen!

1nonlyaccord - did you figure out your bogging issue yet? I say just upgrade and get a proper tune. You'll never get the same results with an FMU that you would with a decent dynotune based on programmed software. What else do you need besides for AEM EMS and the injectors you already have?

Last edited:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
like I said before you cant tune an fmu so you should call a tuner and have them hook up you ems. BTW there is a diphram in the fmu that could be the cause of your problem

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
1nonlyaccord - did you figure out your bogging issue yet? I say just upgrade and get a proper tune. You'll never get the same results with an FMU that you would with a decent dynotune based on programmed software. What else do you need besides for AEM EMS and the injectors you already have?[/QUOTE]

Need to finish my custom welded IC piping,Buy new Turbo Mani,New Garrett turbo,make 3" DP and straight exhaust. alot of stuff I need to finish/buy before I get going..

Im currently working on doing my clutch YET again..SPEC stage3 clutch sucks and squeals evertime i start to disengage the clutch and jst very ****ty.
So i have the xtreme ACT clutch kit that should hold some serious power.
12lb ACT streetlite flywheel..Waiting for NASOHC to ship out my Innovative motor mounts..so doing my clutch install next weekend..then probably start doing my turbo stuff again..

IF nothing else F's up..ha

but on other note.my cars been running fine this whole week.it feels pretty peppy again for the time being..ha but i bet im still only like 19x whp..lmao

Drift

Reaction score
Im currently working on doing my clutch YET again..SPEC stage3 clutch sucks and squeals evertime i start to disengage the clutch and jst very ****ty.

Sh1t I could have told you that. There are really only 3 clutch companies that we recommend: ACT, Exedy and Quartermaster. Spec, Clutchmaster, Centerforce, Fidanza, all garbage.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Don't be downin on Centerforce now Nick, I've had great results with mine!

Hey listen, any additional input on issues that I posted about? Any ideas?

Back