Cat Converter

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i had the gas cap code last fall. had it scanned by my friend, cleared through the scanner, took the cap off and rotated it a little, then put it back on. no code since like october.

kinda the same thing you do when the "brake" light comes on in the dash but rotate the brake master cylinder cap. ghetto but free and effective.

my lower heatshield on the cat had bolt holes that rusted through and caused it to vibrate a couple years ago. took it off. the top one was sort of loose when i got my tires put on...2 big hose clamps put together solved it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Do you have to tip them also? lol

I had a rattling exhaust once and it turned out to be a bad resonator. It sounded like metal chunks inside the exhaust whenever i accelerated.

Hell no! They are like crackheads. I get pissed because the douch bag drips gas on my paint or takes too damn long to get to my car. One time I started filling up myself and the dude came running like he had ants in his pants saying,"hey stop!".

finch13

Reaction score
ya i got that part, i'm sayin i need one anyways. and if its not the cap then how do i go about fixing it. also egr valve?

There are a few check valves and solenoids on the EVAP canister you can replace.

First things first, take care of the code and see if it comes back.

You do NOT need a new cat unless your exhaust smells like rotten eggs and **** and unburnt fuel.

Don't worry about the EGR valve unless you have stumbling acceleration or get very poor gas mileage.

garebear911

Reaction score
What makes you think you need a new cat?
Because my other one got hit by a car. nah, I only think i do because sum people said so and theres sum ratteling down there sumtimes and from what i read that could be it. and if i recall correctly if i shake it it rattles. according to you people it could be the heat shield. I dont know sh!t about cars so i'm more of a guy who would rather jus buy sumthing and be done with it.

There are a few check valves and solenoids on the EVAP canister you can replace.

First things first, take care of the code and see if it comes back.

You do NOT need a new cat unless your exhaust smells like rotten eggs and **** and unburnt fuel.

Don't worry about the EGR valve unless you have stumbling acceleration or get very poor gas mileage.

Well my light disappeared today so i guess it was nothing. and also my cat doesnt have a smell. i think i'm just looking for sumthing to replace to get a slight hp increase. I have noticed my gas mileage maybe go down a little. theres only a slight hesitation coming out of first gear.

thecrown59

Reaction score
my cat is shot also.. i hate that annoying rattle and now its and now the car is choking.. I hope its not my tranny ****ing up also.. cuz on d4 it starts choking on 1st gear then it passes to 2nd and when it tries to get to 3rd it slips to neutral and stays there for a while... but then i turn off the car turn it on and it works fine.. seems to happen when the engine is cold...I also heard a pop the other day from the exhaust..

Ima try some tranny fluid 2morro..see if it helps...

Im not buying a new cat cuz im getting the Apexi Exhaust system for my v6

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
my cat is shot also.. i hate that annoying rattle and now its and now the car is choking.. I hope its not my tranny ****ing up also.. cuz on d4 it starts choking on 1st gear then it passes to 2nd and when it tries to get to 3rd it slips to neutral and stays there for a while... but then i turn off the car turn it on and it works fine.. seems to happen when the engine is cold...I also heard a pop the other day from the exhaust..

Ima try some tranny fluid 2morro..see if it helps...

Im not buying a new cat cuz im getting the Apexi Exhaust system for my v6

try flushing the tranny a few times...after 2 or 3 times if it still happens take it somewhere

no exhaust system comes with a cat...thats why they are called catback. buying a catback will not solve the rattle from the cat

thecrown59

Reaction score
ok any1 recommend a good hi flow cat that doesnt burn my wallet?

Back