catalityc converter in california?

chapin

Reaction score
does anyone in california has change their cat, i would like to know what brands other then factory since factory runs over 1000. something that bolts on but also is going to pass the smog check. My cat when out and My car is going to need a smog check these year. please anyone?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i have one i just took of abt 2 weeks ago. its still good. pm me if interested in it

nexTOme

Reaction score
i think its illegal to tamper with cat. no matter what in cali........i think....
it only be replaced when damaged.....

someone should know better than me....so.....:coffee:

chapin

Reaction score
yeah my cat when out smells bad and i am wondering if anyone has bought any aftermarket that can work well and pass smog. california is very bad in these case but i seen so many brands on the market but the all said not legal in california. very confused.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i think its illegal to tamper with cat. no matter what in cali........i think....
it only be replaced when damaged.....

someone should know better than me....so.....:coffee:

u should hook him up jae :hihi:

u are still hooking meh up rite? :eh:

NASOHC

Reaction score
yeah my cat when out smells bad and i am wondering if anyone has bought any aftermarket that can work well and pass smog. california is very bad in these case but i seen so many brands on the market but the all said not legal in california. very confused.

Before I answer your question, are you from Guatemala??? Cause I am. :thumbsup:

Anywho, I can get a cat replaced for $275 on a 98-02 Accord with 2.3L engine. They're Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs which is what my guy installs, they flow better too! So, you shouldn't have to pay $1000 or annything close, be sure if they use an aftermarket that the o2 sensor screws into the center of the OBD2 CAT, very important or they can fail you for not having the correct replacement. Hope this helps and if you're local, bring it to me! :driving:

IcyAccord

Reaction score
Nick, accord_400m or whatever, passed smog with his RT high flow CAT.

turbocayenne

Reaction score
i use magnaflow high-flow cat rite now since my old cat screwed. the check engine light turned off since i installed the magnaflow. I believe you have ulev-vtec engine huh because cat for ulev engine is around $1000, but for regular F23 is way cheaper.

Back