-=[ CCFL Ftw! ]=-

steadypimpin

Reaction score
ok i got them yesterday. Did you shave the square ends of these things to get them to fit in the spot? I also wanted to know if you cut the bulb socket off for the amber strip to get power for these things to work as the parking lights.

ccfluv4.jpg

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
ok i got them yesterday. Did you shave the square ends of these things to get them to fit in the spot? I also wanted to know if you cut the bulb socket off for the amber strip to get power for these things to work as the parking lights.

no need to shave the ends off they fit in fine. just a drop of hot glue held mine in place on the blocks. you could cut the wires but i don't like doing that. I had the strip lights oem socket just hanging with no bulb in it with a balloon over the end to seal it. The wires from the ccfl came out thru the strip light socket hole. I wired them to the accessory of my stereo harness with a switch so I could flip them off when passing a cop and when the car was off they would be off.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, if you chopped off the square ends, im pretty sure the light wouldnt work anymore, haha. plus, with the ends, it gives you something to attach a bonding agent or tape to to attach it to the headlight.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
i think he just meant shave down the outside so it wasnt square anymore, but minimize it to a cylinder shape like the rest of the tube. But still, keep the plastic squares, they fit inside no problem and you cant even tell they are in there.

I got a chance to look at Justins up close and they look great.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
no i just thought the ends might be too fat.

Are the ccfl's illegal? I thought they were cool as long as they weren't turn blinkers.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
no need to shave the ends off they fit in fine. just a drop of hot glue held mine in place on the blocks. you could cut the wires but i don't like doing that. I had the strip lights oem socket just hanging with no bulb in it with a balloon over the end to seal it. The wires from the ccfl came out thru the strip light socket hole. I wired them to the accessory of my stereo harness with a switch so I could flip them off when passing a cop and when the car was off they would be off.

I didn't cut the bulb socket off, just in case I want to go back to stock I can still have my lights. I just cut the insulation back and tapped into the wires and taped them up real good.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
my question still hasn't been answered tho. Are the ccfl's illegal if used where the amber strip goes?

Back