CEL? MIL? I'm bored, post problems here

xci.ed6

Reaction score
see how the valve is like a piston? Check the bore for any scratching/gauging, loose parts

clean it, all the carbon, black junk, goo

recheck for damaged parts

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, given your operation, might have scratches (keep, unless loose parts) there probly aren't gouges (replace)

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score
When I took it out it just had a lil bit of gunk it seemed fine I just wiped it off.

Aztec

Reaction score
I have no CEL thank God my car is very solid, the only thing on the gauge that catches my attention is temp gauge sometimes when I am driving under normal operating engine temperature the arrow drops down quickly to cold as if the engine is off then comes back up again to normal and may do the same thing again and drop. Is this an electrical problem?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
prolly...

first, have key on/engine off, hot engine, have someone watch the gauge for ANY drop, while you move around all wiring (from the engine to the gauge, area, not the trunk :p ).

No drop?

How much is a new sensor?

oh, when you muss w/ wiring, push & hold for a second. Not just 'quick-push'

Last edited:

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score
I've put it back but havent checked if the the code is still there since I have other codes :Boo:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
****! ****!

Sorry man, you typed IAT...I for some reason thought IACV :Boo:

****in-a' :Boo:

but have an infrared thermometer? Check -TEMPERATURE- of intake air, should be near the air filter/tube area, anywhere, should be near (duh-duhh!) the OBD2 reading of Intake Air Temperature or IAT...also check wires, know where it is?

dude, I am so sorry I misdirected you!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
ok...get a normal thermometer, mercury one, not the digital. Pull air filter, somehow jam the thermo in there, put it all back.

Run car for ~15min, while checking IAT in OBD. Kill car, pull filter quick, check the thermometer. Close?

Back