CEL & ML Don't Work...

chiaxi2002

Reaction score
My CEL and my Maintenance Light don't work on my cluster. The bulbs are in good working condition, but both lights don't illuminate when I turn the key in my ignition. Has anyone had this problem before? I don't have the original cluster for my car so I don't know if that may have caused the problem or not. I think I have a v6 cluster instead of the v4 because the back of the cluster is different from other v4 members. I want to try to get this fixed because I'm tired of guessing if my car has a problem or not.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
chiaxi2002 said:
My CEL and my Maintenance Light don't work on my cluster. The bulbs are in good working condition, but both lights don't illuminate when I turn the key in my ignition. Has anyone had this problem before? I don't have the original cluster for my car so I don't know if that may have caused the problem or not. I think I have a v6 cluster instead of the v4 because the back of the cluster is different from other v4 members. I want to try to get this fixed because I'm tired of guessing if my car has a problem or not.
Have u read a code off ur ecu with the light off

chiaxi2002

Reaction score
Yes, I am still able to pull codes, but for some reason the 2 lights don't work and I don't know why.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So you tested the bulbs by plugging them into other functions?

Are you saying you have a V6 cluster and your car is an i4? I'd look into getting an i4 cluster if so. Perhaps the wires for the CEL from the i4 harnesses aren't able to interface with the wiring inside the V6 cluster. I could be totally wrong on that, but it's an idea.

Back