Ceramic Brake Pads? Which one is the best?

DCACCORD617

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to post this out there to see if any of you had the right answer for me.

A week ago, as I pulled up to a red light I hear a squeaking noise when I compress my brakes. Now does this mean my pads are worn down?

I have a 02 Accord with Hawk HPS carbon brakes and also wondered what was the difference between red and green ceramic brakes?

anyone know the difference?

finch13

Reaction score
If you look at the pads you can actually check the lining thickness and see if you need new pads.

What do you mean by red and green ceramic pads? Are we talking EBC Red Stuff and Green Stuff?

How about some CFRC pads?

It's really all about your preference.

DCACCORD617

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked them and they look fine. They just make a squeaking noise, is there some kind of fluid you know of to put on the rotors or pads to stop the noise? And yes, do the colors mean anything? I'll check out some cfrc pads whats a good brand that has those pads?

juicebox00

Reaction score
wait, do you have carbon ceramic pads? if so they squeak normally until you get them warmed up. Other than that it could be that there wasn't enough grease applied to the metal plate on the back of the pad.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Mine squeak when they are cold. I am running Hawk ceramic pads with powerslot rotors. When they are warmed up they dont. Also I know for a fact I did not apply enough brake grease because I ran out.

finch13

Reaction score
You should apply a thin layer of grease to the back of the pads and use a file to clean the stainless steel hardware on the caliper bracket where the pads slide. They should slide easily if you've done it correctly. I've even used a angle grinder to grind away the tabs on the pads itself so they slide better. Also, grease the tabs on the pads as well.

Ceramic pads are pretty harsh on rotors, that's why they pretty noisy when cold.

Anti squeal spray is BS and you shouldn't be putting anything between the friction surfaces. Grease or anything like it on the rotors will contaminate the pads and fawk your **** up.

Back