Challenge

tnguyen600

Reaction score
So i was at the beach yesterday, turned off my car to go to into wawa then came out and started my car. I noticed my battery light was on, ebrake like was on, and the lil car on the speedometer...all of its lights was on as well, meaning it was indicating that the doors, trunk, etc were open.

I was like wtf and tried turning off the car and turning it back on. nothing.

Then the next day, i speed back home to philly b/c my girl remembered she had to go to her bros graduation. So as i accelerate quickly, the lights on the dash, more specifically, those in red (battery, brake, doors) blinked twice then turned off. then as i would let off the gas, the lights would come back on again.

Any idea what it could be? (98 accord coupe)

tnguyen600

Reaction score
yea, i think its the alternator too. my radar, it displays the voltage of my car, and today, it read 10.2V while running.

back in the day, strauss installed my alternator and it came with a lifetime warranty. so im gonna bring it to them first thing tomorrow morning. They're only gonna charge me labor sigh....thanks guys and gals

tnguyen600

Reaction score
fu#k, my voltage was reading 10.2, then dropped to 10.0, then 9.8, 9.6, now 9.4

I wont be able to bring it to the shop until the morning, but is driving the car there (10-15 minutes away) going to damage my optima red top? keep in mind, the battery is being drained. currently reading 9.4

comments? thanks

lmanluis123

Reaction score
ya i had the same prob for about 2-3 weeks then car finally died and ya it was the alternator

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Alternator. If you have someone to drive you to autozone or advance in a different car, pull your alternator and take it to one of those stores and have them test it(free). If it tests bad, buy a new one (I wouldn't waste my money on Honda OEM.) Since you already have the bad one off the car, they won't charge you for the "core charge." Plus sometimes the new alternators they sell either have the wrong size pulley or no pulley at all. You may need them to swap over the alt pulley from the bad one. Unless you have an impact wrench, you will probably need them to do that anyway since they'll do it for free.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
keep you battery on charger until you can get the car to the shop....or else the battery will just keep draining and go lower and lower...and eventually kill ur battery too...

Back