Changing auto tranny oil

accordc1

Reaction score
u actually dont really need to do all that work. U just need to unscrew the drain bolt and the fill bolt for the transmission and buy honda atf once all the oil is drained from the tranny dump alittle new atf inside to clean it alittle and plug the drain back up and then u fill it till you can touch the atf fluid with ur finger from the fill hole thats how u know its full.

For those of u who didnt know u should drain all the tranny fluid out.

avalover

Reaction score
Where can i get the fluid. My Tranny is wasted I think. Auto 4cyl.

Is it worth it to get a new tranny? i have 93k. Would it be worth to get a new tranny or just stick it out till it breaks then get a new one.

Do our cars have a transmission computer?

Yogi

Reaction score
dood,,, i think this is one reason why i have bad luck with trannies... i rareeeeeeeeeely changed the tranny oil.... -_-

TDotCord

Reaction score
before thinking about changing it...check the oil. If it's bright red, it's pretty clean. If it a little dark, it depends on when you last changed it. I do mine every 35,000 km...there abouts. You'll need a 1/2" breaker bar, the drain bolt is pretty tight.

jccg5

Reaction score
wait so change it every 30k ??? or 15k...cuz my car just jump to 16k

stealthsonic

Reaction score
Just change it when the oil taste like a very bad coffee... lol j/k I would just compare the color of the current oil with new oil. dip some oil and put it on tissue and put a drop of new oil on the tissue and compare it. but yes change it every 30k miles, it's in the repair manual.

If you want to go extreme..., you can check and clean the solenoids.
baxa.jpg

On the solenoid there is filter preventing lose metals from getting in to. This may be block, just clean it with q-tips and re-install it. When tighten the bolt don't over tighten it just enough so that it doesn't come off or else you'll break the nuts. Also don't bend any metal pipes, just take your time taking it apart.

jared21927

Reaction score
Ok im tryin to do this now and i wanna make sure im goin for the right bolt. The pic i saw wasnt clear enough for me. I have a 4 cylinder 4 dr. Im under the front of my car(on the ground no jack) and i see two bolts under the splash guard. Im trying to loosen the lower one( 9/16's). Is this correct? Does anyone have better pics? Plz help?

finch13

Reaction score
The bolt doesn't need a socket, you just stick the square drive of a 3/8" ratchet into the bolt head and remove.

madmech_79

Reaction score
tale it to the shop, if you just drain whats in the resovoir , you are only getting about 1/2 the oil out. The tourqe converter is also full and thats why you drain it and run it then drain and run a few times, that will flush most of the old oil out.

Back