changing power door lock switch.

hellouser

Reaction score
Crap! My driver lock just crapped out on me, completely!

I usually had issues unlocking the doors with my remote, had to press like 4 times in a quick action, although locking worked fine. I had a new stereo installed the other day, came back and found the door lock to not work. Both unlocked and locked again a couple times soon after, but today the lock went bat****, not even the lock switch (the one that locks both doors) will lock the driver door, however it DOES lock the passenger door, as does the remote.

So the driver door does not lock at all, while the passenger works fine. However, when pressing 'Lock' on my remote, the car horn doesnt go off anymore (it sometimes did in the last two days but now it doesnt at all). I suppose this has something to do with the driver lock being completely broken?

Anyone got any advice on which part I need to replace, and how much I'm looking at for repairs?

Thanks!

4door accord02

Reaction score
Guys bringing a thread back from the dead ...I just started having this lovely issue with my drivers side lock switch not working..along with this issue all my power windows switches don't work from the drivers side panel.. Windows switches work from each window and my key fin still locks the whole care fine..

lashlee

Reaction score
I think that the OP noted that he got a replacement switch from the junkyard that remedied his issue. With the amount of our cars sitting junkyards, and the relatively cheap price I would go get another and see if that fixes it.

Back