check engine light after DIY CAI

chino581991

Reaction score
I recently did the DIY CAI mod to my intake the other day. First 2 days everything was fine. When I got home at the end of the night, my check engine light turned on. I'm going to get a scanner and see what codes it gives me on wed

Until then, any of you do the DIY CAI and have the check engine light turn on after?

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I don't think it has any thing to do with the DIY cai unless you didn't hook up the maf sensor or you have a leak....
Good luck.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
No, it is in the intake tube between the filter and the throttle body.
Once you run the cel code you will know what it is n what needs to be done to do the proper repairs.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I don't think it has any thing to do with the DIY cai unless you didn't hook up the maf sensor or you have a leak....
Good luck.

Wait what??? since when do we have maf sensors in our cars?

We have MAP sensors on top of the TB, dont think any i4 or v6 6th gen came with maf sensors.
-----
OP, get your code scanned and post back. It'd be easier to start from there then guessing in the air.

chino581991

Reaction score
Wait what??? since when do we have maf sensors in our cars?

We have MAP sensors on top of the TB, dont think any i4 or v6 6th gen came with maf sensors.
-----
OP, get your code scanned and post back. It'd be easier to start from there then guessing in the air.

Ok thanks for the help. Ill get back tomorrow with the code

chino581991

Reaction score
Have yet to find out yet, been busy with school and work and my friend lent out his scanner so I wont be able to find out until he gets it back

chino581991

Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay, but I finally got my friends scanner. I got the code p0420. Just to recap, the only thing I changed prior to getting the code was modding my stock intake to a CAI

Back