Check engine light**

finch13

Reaction score
too many people stole the scanners

I heard it was because people would go clear all the codes with the scanner and immediately drive to get their emissions checked before it threw a CEL again.

its ur spark plugs. get new spark plugs and disconnect bat then plug back on. report back when ur done.

Lemmie, shut the **** up. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guys, lets get a code first and THEN we can start diagnosing.

It sounds like you used the SeaFoam correctly and put it everywhere it's supposed to go. When you were pouring it in the PCV hose, did the engine start sputtering and wanting to die? That's what should happen and not having the classic white death cloud of smoke is a bit mysterious.

jwong512

Reaction score
I just checked and I got Code 14. Apparently it's my IACV. It's either IACV System Fault or IACV System Circuit Fail. I just got it cleaned this summer by my local shop and that's when I started to notice that it would drop really low on rpms when I did some hard braking. That's why I used seafoam hoping to fix the problem and now this showed up. I remember my shop guy saying that he won't be able to tell it's clean or dirty and it was either clean or don't clean it. So I'm assuming he just sprayed some crap in there and now my seafoam ****ed it up?

So what to do now? Maybe it'll go away with some hard driving?

sodaks2k

Reaction score
I just checked and I got Code 14. Apparently it's my IACV. It's either IACV System Fault or IACV System Circuit Fail. So what to do now?

you mean these codes?
P1508 14 IAC Valve Circuit Failure
P1509 14 IAC Valve Circuit Failure
P1519 14 Idle Air Control Valve Circuit Failure

or this one?
14 IAC Valve (Idle Air Control) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I'll clean it. Probably won't have time anytime soon though. Should be fine if I delay it a bit right? Cause my IACV doesn't make me have weird idles. It's actually super smooth now so probably just some leftover Seafoam got stuck?

Edit: Yeah, sodaks2k I got the code you were talking about. I just took her out for a run and dam, is it SUPER SMOOTH! I think I got a little bit of HP back as well. Acceleration isn't so sluggish anymore. I'm guessing putting it all over the car actually does a lot more work than just in the intake manifold and gas tank. CEL is still on though so I guess I do need to clean it. Driving it around didn't get rid of it at all.

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
Problem has been fixed. Finally took out my IACV today and cleaned it with carb cleaner. There were a ton of carbon deposits in there. Replaced the gasket and put it back in. CEL 14 still came on so we just disconnected the battery and made the light go away :).

Back