Check engine light.

ejreams

Reaction score
So, my check engine light came on and I have no clue why.
It came on while driving home.

Could anyone suggest possible issues that could trip the check engine warning?

I realize this isn't extremely descriptive, could it have something to do with the EGR valve? would it have any specific symptoms?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i was driving in september and it just came on, turned out my thermostat was stuck.

it could be anything. do the paperclip trick and see what it is, or go to autozone/shop with a CEL reader

001Stunna

Reaction score
Your best bet is to get the code read, and the post it up.
Common things i can think of with our cars are...
EGR, EVAP, Cat-Converter under threshold, Gas cap loose...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
CEL likes to trigger due to cat codes, o2 sensors, or EGR clog. I'd scan the code and go from there.

001Stunna

Reaction score
my cat has something inside that rattles, perhaps its broken? Thats why my CEL is on:sad:

...the substrate inside has broken loose and rattles. the CEL you're getting is probably for p0420 (cat-converter under threshold). buy an aftermarket cat($100-120) and get it installed/welded on if they cannot break the rusted studs loose

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Get the code first, trying to guessing what the issue is wont help if your car is telling you there is a code that needs to be read

Raul

Reaction score
...the substrate inside has broken loose and rattles. the CEL you're getting is probably for p0420 (cat-converter under threshold). buy an aftermarket cat($100-120) and get it installed/welded on if they cannot break the rusted studs loose

they quoted me $250 installed for magna flow cat. I am sick of putting any more money in this V6 slushbox:smash:

001Stunna

Reaction score
they quoted me $250 installed for magna flow cat. I am sick of putting any more money in this V6 slushbox:smash:

Where did you go to get quoted $250??? I got my "oem fit" cat for $115 at muffexpress and put on for $30, 4 year/80 000km warranty on it as well.

Back