Chicagoland Meet! July 24th

finch13

Reaction score
Re: Chicagoland meet!!

I think June 19th would work... coming up real fast though.

I would LOVE another chill meet, depending on the size of the group. The walk-n-shoot photo walk should be mandatory, not optional :lawl:

If this thing blows up and we get a bunch of people, I wouldn't be against doing a 2 day thing to tour more of Chicago sans car stuff.

My car is ready to go... I'd like to fit in a weekend to help Ryan get his car squared away.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

2.5 weeks away :skurred:

ready for some P1381 and 1382 action? :ughrun: and 60mph+ front end shimmy after tire rotation? :lawl: well the second one i can fix for the time being :lawl:

if we can get enough stuff, it'd be SWEET to do a saturday noon-ish meet, photo walk, supper, night pics?, DRINKs :lawl: then a sunday shop hangout or other event. in any case...weekend meet :rock:

naoandlata

Reaction score

know anyone there? how late do they close? are they hosting any events in the next month or two?

No. 10am-8pm (its really close to busse woods or axehead). Fizz just had one but there is an ams open house 7/11

tunedaccord

Reaction score

am in just need to know when cause ill be in going to texas on the 25

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

No. 10am-8pm (its really close to busse woods or axehead). Fizz just had one but there is an ams open house 7/11
not really sure how much interest ams would get among honda folks :lawl:

either way, definitely something to keep in mind...especially since its not the weekend of the 4th.
am in just need to know when cause ill be in going to texas on the 25
25th of june?

throwing it out there...anyone coming to madison for rhythm and booms should let me know :naughtyrun: should be the 3rd week in june...maybe the 26th. midwest's biggest fireworks show...200k+ people :lawl:

d1blet

Reaction score

TBH I didn't really like how the CB7 tuner guys set up the meet last year. I left less than impressed. But the photowalk with us 4 made up for it. I'm no longer living in Chicago (summer school in Champaign 2 hours away) but I'll definitely go back for this seeing as ryry and Brandon are driving waaaay further.

We can hit up on Fizz if ya'll really want to. I don't think there's much interesting there since they should be pretty busy. I personally know the guys at Top Speed and if we make it Chinatown during our cruise we can swing by if you guys really want to. But with both shops I don't think there's too much interesting there.

Here's a nice simple little outline that could work according to what everyone mentioned. I'm more into photographing than anything else, so I'm definitely down for a secondary day for the photographers if they want something sans car-related.

Dates: June 19 - 20, 2010

Saturday, June 19th, 2010

Timetable:
2-4PM: Meet at Busse Woods in Schaumburg. Everyone can chip in a little bit: burgers, hot dogs, buns, chips, drinks, ice, soda.
4-(??): Cruise to Chicago for photoshooting (I-90/94E to Roosevelt/Taylor. Traffic conditions: questionable). I have a list of possible spots in mind (some might need to be shot guerilla style). Sunset should be around 8-8:15PM or so for photography purposes. The lake is facing east so the sun is setting in the opposite direction.
(??PM): Eat in Chinatown. For you gringos who want to experience the whole boba craze, we'll hit up Joy Yees. They are undisputably the best when it comes to boba drinks. The food is a different story, but it's still pretty good.
(??PM): Depending on how we feel during dinner, we can check out a few more spots for shooting our cars if you guys insist. I think a wireless flash would be helpful as hell for some crazy strobist ****.

Sunday, June 20th, 2010 (Photographer's Day!)

It's up for grabs. We can discuss this later. You guys saw the typical tourist-y stuff last year so I'm going to have to think of a nice walking route around some other parts of Chicago. I'm thinking somewhere along the Illinois River/Lower Wacker Dr. It's been a while and I might bring a friend or two along. I think we should meet up sometime a little after 12PM.

Let's see what everyone wants before we make a new thread with a roll call eh?

EDIT: removed my list of spots in case po-po or anyone else steals them. :1wiggle:

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

brandon/eric are driving like 6 hours...its just over 2 for me.

but dem plans :bowdown: yessssssss for boba :lawl: got any pics in the locations you mentioned? an azn saying "guerrilla style" leads me to believe itll be on a military base or on a ship or something crazy :skurred: :jae:

i got a cactus V2s trigger and flash if anyone wants to share wireless ****. no umbrellas though :sad:

tunedaccord

Reaction score

25th of june?

yea will be leaving on june 24th. not sure know if am going unless i fix my trans problems in time or will show in my crx if my accord is not done. are those time table for sure?

are streets slam car friendly

Last edited:

d1blet

Reaction score

are streets slam car friendly

Depends on where you go. For the most part they're OK, just keep an eye out for manholes and potholes. I know plenty of guys that drive around herrafrush'd slammed on a daily basis.

got any pics in the locations you mentioned? an azn saying "guerrilla style" leads me to believe itll be on a military base or on a ship or something crazy :skurred: :jae:

I don't have most of the pics that I have in mind. They're scattered across the web. But they aren't anything too extreme - we might just hassled by po-po if we stay around too long.

img9386rcopyxh1.jpg

_MG_1648resized.jpg

_MG_1603resized2.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Back