Chrome trim over window removal

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Thanks. Monty was trying to explain to me that the trim and window is one piece too. He said they had to cut the window out to remove it.

EDIT: Just found a local business that will come on-site, cut out a quarter-panel window, then come back out and reinstall it for $75/window. So $150 for both. I'm sold!

yeah that sounds way too expensive for something this small

any reason you are going this far ?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
^^This. The last time I painted this car I didn't remove any of the trim, just taped everything off, and today I still have overspray everywhere.

3m professional rubbing compound, some really good wax, and some muscle will clear up that over spray. It was a pain in the *** for me since I did it all by hand.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
The guys who repainted my car only removed the trim pieces that came off easily. For the rest, they used a lot of tape and razor blades to get crisp edges. My car had zero over spray on the exterior. They didn't remove any of the panels when they repainted it, so there is a bit of whiteish spray (or maybe rubbing compound) in some of the jambs (like on the backside of the fenders. I imagine there is a tradeoff between painting all the parts individually (like the hood, fenders etc) and painting the car as a whole (a more even color/color flake)

Back