cleaning behind instrument cluster cover

KayGee

Reaction score
It looks like the previous owner sprayed something on the spedo cover. I tried to clean it but it seems like the gunk in behind the cover. Is there anyway to remove just the cover or buy a new cover without replacing the entire guage cluster?

EDIT:
I found the part that I need.
13S820_B1210.gif

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Yeah, you'll have to take the whole gauge cluster out of the dash. After you get it out it's just a matter of some screws, removal, and cleaning.

KayGee

Reaction score
I tried to buy a new one from College Park Honda. There wasn't an option for 3.0 engine so I bought the only one available which apparently is for the 2.3 and doesn't fit according to my dealer. My dealer also said that the part wasn't available for the 1999 3.0 and I would have to buy the entire instrument cluster for $300. Maybe they are right since I didn't see the part listed online.

I tried to remove the old one and althought I had the entire cluster unscrewed it seemed like it was glued tight and I didn't want to break it so I gave up. Its really frustrating to look at the stains.

KayGee

Reaction score
I was able to remove the cluster and lens cover thanks to the instructions I found in this forum. It wasn't easy but after several applications of plastic polish I was able to remove 98% of the spots. It was really bothering me so I'm glad to get it done.

Back