cleaning vtec solenoid gasket, any diy?

elcatrachito14

Reaction score
Can anyone please do a DIY on how to clean a vtec Solenoid filter?? I heard if you don't do
it right, oil can go through your block..

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Yeah you've got to make sure you do it right. Having oil go through your block would pretty much ruin your day. Sidenote: If you can't figure out how to do this by looking at the solenoid and searching a little on Google, don't try it.

Last edited:

elcatrachito14

Reaction score
Yeah you've got to make sure you do it right. Having oil go through your block would pretty much ruin your day. Sidenote: If you can't figure out how to do this by looking at the solenoid and searching a little on Google, don't try it.
I've look every where on Google and can't get any detailed diy on how to do it.. Iam scared I might ruin the block..

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Google harder then. Click the link I posted on the first page of results were details on how to do the job.

hks_tuned

Reaction score
cant you just take out the vtec solenoid gasket filter that's inside of it? like how you can just take it out from b and d series? cause the say that it makes your vtec louder. LOL....

elcatrachito14

Reaction score
B and D Series are way easier then our 6th gen accords. There's too much stuff in the way. and i don't know about vtec getting louder, until now I still haven't done it. So no vtec for now yoo!!

JDMCG7

Reaction score
had to clean mine out to smog go to urgent help and look at my thread p1259 i put a little something on there to help out

Back