Clear Bra?

AngusTEx

Reaction score
Anyone have a clear bra installed on their car?

Looking to get my front lip bra'd...possibly the front bumper too.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I know of a couple people that have them on other cars. It's the 3m brand. They are happy with it, but it's pricey to have a shop do it. If you are so inclined, then pick some up off ebay and DIY.

AngusTEx

Reaction score
I've considered the eBay route since it's so cheap but don't know of any DIY help or guidance.

If I screw up on my oem lip or when it comes the time I want to peel it off but paint gets peeled off too or something then I'd be incredibly pissed.

Anyone done it DIY?

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I've inquired into the idea since I don't want my front bumper getting rock chips after the new paintjob, but it seems like it would be in my best interest to let a professional take care of it.

I know 3M makes great clear bras, I also looked into StarShield Armor since a lot of cars in my tuner magazines were sponsored by them. If you e-mail either company they'll gladly recommend local installers in your area.

AngusTEx

Reaction score
There's not many certified local 3M installers here. Just a couple. One of them wants $400 for just covering the lip alone. Soooo iunno... Not sure if preventing a few rock chips is worth that much.

That's why diy seems more appealing right now.

Crono139

Reaction score
Leave it to the professionals, or it's going to come out horrible.

Just look at how DIY window tints end up.

dynasty

Reaction score
didn't know they made clear bras for lips. haha. i would of just clear coat the heck out of my lip. either way, if you hit something, the paint will chip regardless.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
For $400, just leave it and save that money for repaint in the future. I'm confident in my DIY skills and wouldn't mess with this.

Back