clicking noise

t0MMy

Reaction score
Soo I am hearing a clicking noise whenever i come near full complete stop, the noise is coming from the right side of the car, sounds like something wrong with brakes or something, I have no idea whats wrong, any ideas ??
btw i have an av6

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
not much help with description. but check front sway bar bushings and engine mounts. my car was making some pretty loud clunking noises, turns out it was both things i mention; engine mounts were just toast...lol. but it's probably just your sway bar bushings

Erik123456789

Reaction score
i used to have some crappy autozone brake pads for about a month and everytime i would slow down i would hear some clicking noise coming out of my right side too lol.

I'm not sure if its the same thing.. or even sure why they made a clicking noise but um.. ever since i replaced them it went away and it hasn't came back ever since.

So.. do you have cheap autozone brakes? lol

t0MMy

Reaction score
umm i got them from advacned auto parts basically the same, but they were $50 and I just replaced them about 2 months or so.

Millz

Reaction score
i had an issue like this on the left side... it was the shield behind the brakes rubbing on something

bent it back a bit and all noise went away

might wanna check if u have the same problem

finch13

Reaction score
Check the splash guards behind the rotor first.

CV joints make clicking noises when they go bad, but usually around turns. Check the inner and outer CV boots for tears, bad tear will sling grease EVERYWHERE. If they're bad, replace the axle.

Back