Clock not illuminating after radio install

Densefire

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just recently installed a new aftermarket double din radio and the installation when smoothly and everything works great… except my clock does not illuminate at night (when the headlights are turned on) which is… kind of annoying.

Is this a known problem when installing an aftermarket radio or did I just get unlucky and my bulb burnt out at the same time of the install?

I have a 99 Accord Coupe V6 with 60k miles on it and the radio I installed is a Pyle PLDNV78I (not aloud to post links yet:crazy:)

Thanks in advance!

Densefire

Reaction score
I believe the clock light turns on regardless if the headlights are on when you turn the key to accessory or start the car.

Check your fuse

Ah, I didnt realize the "Instrument" fuse was dedicated for the clock. I'm going to have to check that in the morning!

agginline86

Reaction score
the clock light is notorious for burning out too
I had to replace mine. takes about 15 seconds haha
if your fuse is good, that'd be my next bet

Densefire

Reaction score
hey guys! and yes only 60k she's a beaut in and out. Got it from a dealership in New Orleans actually. One owner and unmolested (until now, darn my need for fancy radios lol). I got REALLY lucky.

But unfortunately I still haven't solved my problem. Check all the fuses and they are good :( I'm stumped at this point. I think I'm gonna put the original radio back in and see if the clock illuminates just to eliminate the possibility that it was my install.

Last edited:

Densefire

Reaction score
the clock light is notorious for burning out too
I had to replace mine. takes about 15 seconds haha
if your fuse is good, that'd be my next bet

Didn't see this reply. I guess this is my next step before putting the old radio back in. Thanks for all the help guys

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
The burnt out clock light should be what these cars are known for. If you get lazy like me, just do what I do at night and only check the time when driving past a lamp post :lawl:

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Back