close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaz

Reaction score
looking for component speakers for my driver/pass doors.. the ones i have right now only do bass.. i want ones that give out like vocals and such because i only hear that from my back compents.. im a n00b when it comes to this stuff so i dont know the right technical terms but i think i want high end sound when i'm getting low end? haha idk.. maybe if someone can point me in the right direction because i'm not sure what to search for.. thanks

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Re: speaker n00b

I'd suggest reading the first part of this post to ask yourself if you really need component speakers, or just better speakers in general http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11

if all you're getting is bass out of your front speakers, they most likely either just suck really bad, or there's a crossover set somewhere that you aren't aware of that is blocking higher frequencies from your front speakers.

jaz

Reaction score

alright i read that it still doesnt answer my question.. theres not much on components

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score

components balance the sound with the speaker in the cabin with more mid/bass while the tweeter balance it out with the treble. as for the coaxial, it has the treble in the center of the speaker. so you only hear one area of music while components make it sound like your in a theater with surrounded sounds.

jaz

Reaction score

i just want to hear more music instead of the actual bass.. music only comes from my back components..

TheHunter

Reaction score

Put simply- buy some moderately high quality component speakers for your front doors, make sure they fit and install them. Even without putting the tweeter up on your door sill or somewhere that its directly pointing at you it'll sound much better. You probably also need a new deck, it can have a tremendous affect on your audio sound quality. On my car the first thing I did was change my deck, and it already sounded much much better.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score

alright i read that it still doesnt answer my question.. theres not much on components

:facepalm:

just buy some 2 or 3 way speakers and drop them in. anything else seems too complicated for you and your lack of treble has nothing to do with components vs. coaxials

Last edited:

brettg4215

Reaction score

if you want a great setup and are able to install it, get a 6" component system with seperate tweeter and driver.
this is what i have.
KI08KS6502.jpg

SDC10059.jpg

im sure you have a friend that can help you out with it.

jaz

Reaction score

lol well i know how to install i just dont know ish about components *MEGAFACEPALM*

i dont want seperate tweeters drilled into my paneling.. the stock tweeters i had in the front blew the 2nd day

Last edited:

brettg4215

Reaction score

the ones i have, you can screw the tweeter on to the driver.
just go to bestbuy, find some 2 way decent brand speakers, go home and put them in.
if i were you, i would read around about certain brands and check out some reviews on them first.
Just find something that suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back